1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved WebPathBuilder occasionally returns invalid paths

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Exia, May 4, 2015.

1. Exia

@Cloud @Arbiter
    I'm experiencing a bug with the WebPathBuilder, I haven't experienced it with RegionPaths, but it may be there as well. I'm handling it returning null paths when a path cannot be calculated, that's easy. The problem is that every now and then it will return a non-null path with invalid steps. This means that I can call path.step() on it and it just returns false and does nothing. It's pretty trivial for me to simply check that the path.next() == null and then regenerate the path, however I don't think this is the desired behavior.

2. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

Definitely not desired behavior but I need more debug information to resolve it.

3. Exia

So I've been working on this a bit more, and it seems like the path is valid, it's just refusing to take a step for some reason. path.step is returning false and it's just sitting there. I'm going to continue debugging a bit to see if I can nail down exactly what's wrong. On a side note a return code instead of a boolean for why it didn't take the step would be nice.

Also I was wrong, it is happening with region paths.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 10, 2015, Original Post Date: May 10, 2015 ---
    @Cloud I don't want to jump the gun here, but it looks like it MAY have been my fault with some randomization antiban that used to run .05% of the time.

4. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

Please let me know if you can confirm that it was your fault.

5. Aidden

Aidden Author of MaxiBots

Someone in the dev chat last night was having a very similar issue. Except he apparently fixed it by looping the step call (you told him not to use the loop and that's why he came to the dev chat to ask for help)