1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what if someone flooded the report system

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by asher, Jun 10, 2015.

1. asher

what if a bot was made to hop worlds and report everyone in crowded areas like the G.E or the wilderness for macroing? The guy who has to ban the bots by hand would get overwhelmed wouldn't he? I know some of it has to do with auto detection but could this turn weekend accounts into something longer?

I'm just curious because its not like they can limit the number of reports per day, gold farmers would just win even harder

Falixus likes this.
  2. Chiefy

Interesting theory.. I wonder if it would work myself!

3. Ryza

Maybe on 07 i don't think jagex give a shit about rs3.

4. EvilCabbage

Well it depends on wether the report system also takes note of your own username somewhere..

If that's the case, and they suspect a flood, they can just filter out all reports by said username. If that's not the case, then your idea might just work.

opticness likes this.
  5. someoneelse

I suggested this in the shoutbox months ago and everyone said it was a stupid idea.

6. opticness

There actually used to be a script bot that did this on an old client, however not many people took advantage of it. I think Jagex has an automated program that sorts through the reports and just runs an extra step on the accounts reported to see any patterns. If they have a confirmed pattern then it might go to a real person, so chances are all this bot would do would be catch players actually botting. Probably help Jagex too (If they have an automated step).

7. Falixus

Falixus Guest

8. Eagles13

Eagles13 The only thing Alpha about me is my bots

Wouldn't work. Even Jagex peons aren't dumb enough to be fooled by that.