1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the hell is this?

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by machusenpai, Dec 25, 2016.

1. machusenpai

Well, I was logged in my account until I accidentally hit exit..but when I tried to log back in it said: invalid username or password. So, I said to myself: oh maybe someone hacked me. I went to the runescape recover section and recovered my account. Changed the password and then boom I try to log, it says: invalid username or password. I need help. I recovered 4 times, changed password multiple times, my account is broken. Btw, it says in my email: Hi Character Name Unavailable...

2. Rob

Rob

Give me your password and username

i can try to login

3. machusenpai

Username: ADMIN
    Password: Ban this guy.

4. Rob

Rob

well if you dont care that you're being hacked

why would it matter if I try to login nd help u

5. machusenpai

Ofc, go ahead and try to connect. :)

6. Rob

Rob

hehe it works good man

thx 4 bank

7. machusenpai

NP.

8. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

There is no way any account access issues you are facing is due to RuneMate.

RuneMate and it's founders would not risk their reputation for account safety by stealing one user's account.

I suggest you scan your computer for viruses/keyloggers and refrain from visiting gold generating websites and the like.

I also strongly suggest you enable two factor authentication on your RuneMate and RuneScape accounts, and make sure all of your passwords are unique.

9. Serene

Serene ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This happens when your acc has been both permanently banned and deleted. Happened to me a while back and for weeks I couldn't get a helpful reply from anyone on twitter, reddit or jagex support. I could successfully recover the account but no matter what the password I set it to wouldn't work. Eventually made a new account and asked on the RS forums and they confirmed that occasionally account names will be totally deleted when perm banned. The char still exists sort of, but the username is deleted and the account is banned, therefore you can successfully recover it over and over but will always get an invalid username/password reply. If you wanna be sure, check your recovery email. It'll say your account was recovered successfully but in place of the account name you may see "invalid" or "unknown." Also you can try to check it on the hiscores.

Edit: Yeah just reread your post and the fact that you mention it saying "Character name unavailable" confirms it. There's a chance it could just be a forced name change (e.g. your name was offensive and jagex removed it) and in that case try to log into the account settings section and create a new name. If you can't login to that, chances are it was either deleted by accident (really slim chance tbh) or you were perm banned and your user was taken with it.

Anyone know what happened to my account?

#9 Serene, Dec 26, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  10. machusenpai

Wannabemoderator I C U!! XD Overeacting without even reading the entire post.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 26, 2016, Original Post Date: Dec 26, 2016 ---
    This is what I call a real answer. Thank you sir for explaining me this. :)

11. Rob

Rob

ur hacked bruh

12. machusenpai

By u bruh. Nah, Figured out my account was deleted. x)

13. Rob

Rob

hacked by jagex itself

lmao dude

14. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

u blind matey?

[​IMG]

15. caithecool

caithecool gangbanger

lmao i have used runemate for a few months, works fucking wonderfully. put 3 accounts on and all 3 still remain unchanged and secure.
    it isnt runemate, and judging by the way you "explained" what happened its like %90 a bait