1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS What's a cape ban?

Discussion in 'OSRS' started by DiNiro, Jul 28, 2018.

1. DiNiro

DiNiro ANTI-NWO

I've paid someone to do my firecape through teamviewer. Anyway, Teamviewer's fucking up so I probably have to give my account details to him so he can do the service. I just thought i'd ask, if he had a dirty IP. Are the chances high that I will get a 'fire cape ban' or even permed.

It maybe a dumb question, but Ive not played RS properly since '08 so I ain't really clued up on this shit.

2. HeheheheCx

HeheheheCx TriHard 7

I'm not 100% sure, but i'm pretty sure there is nothing called a Cape ban. If he is saying this, he's probably trying to steal your account. Espsically if he doesnt have a thread up or anytihng.

S Q U R E L likes this.
  3. DiNiro

DiNiro ANTI-NWO

I seen the cape ban thing on a topic on the Scythe Forum, Idk if it's true of not. The guy who's doing my cape is well trusted though

4. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

It is more so to do with the newer, Infernal cape.

Jagex came out upon the inferno's release publicly stating they would ban people who paid others to do get the cape. To get around this, people would do the service via TeamViewer so that to Jagex, the IP address for your account wouldn't change, meaning it was "you" who got the cape all along.

I highly doubt this would happen over a fire cape though.

5. DiNiro

DiNiro ANTI-NWO

Thank You AE !