1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do my accounts keep getting locked?

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by SkillerKid, Jan 14, 2019.

1. SkillerKid

So I just started botting this week, im running a vpn to avoid my ip getting flagged for my main account. Made a account at a friends house then got home used my vpn and starting botting, was paying attention to the bot I was using woodcutting script bot and assisting when it got suck but was pretty afk all the way to 50 wc. Botted for less then 4 hours and log in next day to a permaban. Forget to mention mid play got logged out and account locked for suspicious activity. Change my password and go about my business. Make a new account after last one got banned and use VPN IP straight from tutorial island thinking my ip changing locations drastically far apart did it. Nope, at 15 wc and account gets logged off and locked. Not even gonna bother recovering because itll soon be banned. Can someone explain wtf is going on?

2. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

Where are you creating the accounts?

If you create an account on IP address 1 but play on the account on IP address 2, Jagex see that these are different and can lock the account thinking it has been stolen / hijacked.

SkillerKid likes this.
  3. SkillerKid

First account I made was 2 different IPs, second one was same IP from account creation and manually did tutorial island and still got locked. Is it possible the VPN IP I’m using is flagged? I just don’t understand.

4. Flextroci

That or your IP's are located miles apart - Are you using the same VPN? I once drove 200 miles then signed into RS and it locked me out. It's unlikely but it does happen.

Not using a VPN is the easiest solution, no need for it.

5. Gengsta

Gengsta Community Manager

Are you using a free VPN?
    If that is the case, yes it is probably flagged.

It could also be that your "real" IP is getting leaked somewhere in the process of creating the accounts, which would go into what Flextroci described.

Wet Rag likes this.
  6. SkillerKid

Don't want botting accounts getting my home IP flagged which my max CB main account is on. I paid for a VPN and used a dedicated IP from account creation to it getting locked 20 mins off of tut island which I manually did.
    How could my real IP possibly be getting leaked when my pc is running a VPN? I checked my IP and it comes up correct to the dedicated IP I paid for. If it helps im running NordVPN

7. Gengsta

Gengsta Community Manager

I'm pretty sure most NordVPN ips are flagged already tbh, if you still want to try your luck you can check for leaks here: IP/DNS Detect

Flextroci likes this.
  8. only3inch

I use nordvpn to and my ip is never leaked unless your nord disconnected whilst botting do you have kill switch turned on to prevent that from happening it did to me yesterday

9. lorenzobotenzo

It doesn't matter if you play on a flagged IP on your main, as long as you don't bot with that main account.