1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved Why does Runemate stop working when instantly starting the client?

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by chris11, Jun 7, 2019.

1. chris11

Why does Runemate instantly exits out when I start the botting client?

This has been happening for 2 months straight, even with the new update and with different bots.

Not only does it exit out of the application, it deletes it from my computer and I have to reboot my computer everytime to reinstall it, then repeats itself.

Any ideas??

Running Windows 7, 64 bit on 8gb ram.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #3 by American Express, Jun 8, 2019
  3. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

Is it possible your antivirus is experiencing a false positive on runemate? Sometimes bot clients get flagged by antiviruses.

You can try deactivating your antivirus temporarily, or switching to another one, or allowing runemate through.

Not certain if that's the issue you're facing, just an idea.

chris11 likes this.
  4. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

It certainly sounds like what @CuppaJava described is the cause.

You can download RuneMate and your anti-virus doesn't detect it as a problem file so it doesn't do anything to it. But the second you load RuneMate, your anti-virus detects what it thinks is a malicious process and is quarantining it or removing it entirely.

Turn off your anti-virus and see if you still get the same issue. If you don't get the issue with your anti-virus disabled, then you know it is your anti-virus causing the problem.

You should then be able to whitelist RuneMate's process and folders/files on your computer to prevent this from occurring.

chris11 likes this.
  5. chris11

That worked, thank you.