1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would anyone be interested in a script that runs based on your playstyle?

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Jdelacrix, Oct 25, 2017.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Jdelacrix

So I took a break from RuneScape (as shown by my inactivity), but I'm starting to get back into oldschool. Anyways, I have an idea for a script bot to minimize the banrates. Basically here's my idea:

*My first script bot would be a simple fly-fisher cause that's what I need

*First time running the script bot:
    1. Click a button to start "recording"
    2. Fish legitimately for five minutes or so
    3. script bot detects certain variables about your unique playstyle such as
    • Do you use the mouse wheel or arrow keys to move
    • Do you right click to drop, or do you shift+click to drop
    • Do you fish one, drop one? Or do you fish an entire inventory and then drop all at once (If you drop the entire inventory, how long does it take you on average? And how many misclicks do you have?)
    *Then after recording the variables, it'll run using your playstyle. This will make every single player have a bot that runs like how the player plays legitimately.

Sure this won't be as efficient as other scripts bots that run at 100% efficiency, but I think the tradeoff is pretty fair. What do you guys think about this?

2. Swych

This type of bot would achieve basically the same results as a bot using the client PlayerSense keys as well as their own custom player sense keys to adapt to the specificities of the bot. PlayerSense.Key

3. Jdelacrix

Don't you have to set the keys manually though? In which case it'd still be the same process I defined above.

4. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

This, the only difference would be that the user would define the values of the playstyle, and whether that‘s good or not is debatable.

5. Jdelacrix

Why would it be bad to define them manually? This way rather than using random values, it plays like the human plays normally.

6. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

The bot would still be far from looking like the actual user no matter who defines the values. Random values assure that playstyles are evenly spread across the userbase.

7. Jdelacrix

But what I'm saying is if a player uses shift click to drop when he's playing legitimately, and then all of the sudden changes to right click to drop, that's a change that could be flagged. Obviously the detection is more advanced than that, but this way would continue the player's playing patterns.