1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your pricing system is awful

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Old Empire, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Old Empire

An outdated bot, user error, world update or any other factor can cause a bot to simply not work.

You currently charge me and every other customer per instance. If i get the settings wrong, I'm charged for 2 or even 3 hours use!

Before one of you decides to comment and say 'tough you should get it right' yeah good luck in business with that mindset, mistakes happen and sometimes the bots are just broken.

Changing the way this works to 5 minutes before charging is such a simple and effective way to improve the customer experience. There's quite literally no downside to it, I can't be bothered (nor should any customer have to) request refunds every time they or the bot screws up. What, i'm going to request a $0.06 refund? Yeah right.

Fix it, please.

Tdawg00, x3r4 and RsPlaja like this.
  2. EvilCabbage

All premium bots allow you to change the settings without stopping the bot.

And yet here you are, making this post.

3. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

You aren‘t wrong, besides arbiter i cant think of many people who truly support this system

4. Old Empire

If the bot stops as a result of user error you are charged.

If the bot stops as a result of coding issues or game world factors, you're still charged.

Your staff tag doesn't reflect your dismissive and content-less post. You haven't addressed the issues i'm raising.

Tdawg00 likes this.
  5. Negrita

• Most premium bots have a lite version where you can test your configuration with
    • As you mentioned, if you fuck up... you lose a couple of cents. Is it really that big of a deal. You lose at most 50cents a month because of errors not your fault.

Although I agree that based on the amount previous posts on this topic, the system obviously isn't very customer oriented or customer friendly. And I honestly can't think of a downside of only starting to charge a couple minutes into the bot.

6. AMD

AMD

if you get a setting wrong its your fault.

the rest I agree with negrita.

7. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

Time to make a change :arbikool:

8. Overwatch

Should at least allow us to buy X amount of hours for the premium script bot we want and use a countdown like the ones in the lite version. Sometimes you need to restart Runemate because bot is inefficient and acts weird and to do that you need to pay for 1 hour again.

#8 Overwatch, Jun 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
    MeshOSRS likes this.
  9. propker009

Considering it happens a lot of times those 0,08-, / 0,10-, / 0,04-. still adds up a lot if it bugs out with some scripts bots.. So ye, maybe a re-write for the system for such problems.

Gilies likes this.
  10. Old Empire

I really like this suggestion.

11. Qosmiof2

Qosmiof2 I've been called a god before.

Don't use a bot like that then.

@OP there will soon be a change with the way pricing system works.

12. Gilies

Agree, the pricing system still runs when you've paused the bot, I have previously paused the script bot, logged out and came back 14 hours later to see the actual scripts bots runtime system still going charging me

MeshOSRS likes this.
  13. Supamen

I constantly get overcharged... I've used the all scripts bots for a total of 1 hour and it's charged me $1.00 for a non-working Slayer script bot and a Warrior Guild that works okay (at $.20 p/h), I got 30 mins use and got charge $.60

Very bad pricing system, because scripts bots are never guaranteed to work efficiently. If you're going to charge hourly, you need to vet your scripts bots well because if they're not supported - we're losing money hourly, not a one time fee. You also need to make sure your client works (which it barely does), because it's constantly charging me because maybe I forgot a setting or the client freezes.

Fix your shit.

Wet Rag likes this.
  14. Qosmiof2

What’s wrong with the slayer bot?
    And on the system: very very soon to be changed

15. itsjustforfun

I agree with you. The pricing system is a complete rip off. Any sensable person can see the obvious flaw of logic in it. By the hour means one full hour, not 5 minutes from the time I hit start. There are any number of things that may go wrong and mess the bot. Even if it is one 'instance', the pricing should be done accurately.

And I have seen ALOT of people making threads about being overcharged/wrongly charged, still you see staff ignoring and sometimes 'Mocking' them? I do not see how any business or community can grow if they mock the most important part of the business, the customer. It's not about 6 cents, it's about staff not doing anything and knowingly, wrongfully charging the users.

Edit: other platforms have a MUCH better pricing system. You pay monthly, weekly, or one time for lifetime access. The 10$ paid monthly for a bot will allow me to run my bot the way I want. Start it, stop it, pause it, have breaks, re do settings, what ever the user wants for any amount of time. This is the way it should be done.

16. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

no?

Edit: If you mean the dynamic pricing system, that's just a small "addon" to the current system.

17. Qosmiof2

Yeah that's the change. It will be allow the bot author to set the initial price to 0 and when user selects a certain price (that means they have set the bot up and are ready to run) and pay it.

Or did i understand it's concept incorrectly?

18. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Yes that's correct, but i doubt many authors will adapt at first. Maybe after some time more bots will do it that way, but it doesn't fix the flaws of the current system. Those flaws aren't logical flaws, but rather flaws in terms of user experience btw.

19. itsjustforfun

User experience or logic flaws or moral flaws or whatever. The bottom line is, it is a fact that the system does not work as it should have, neither it is liked or accepted by a majority of premium bot users. The flaws are intentionally left as they are for maybe getting more money out of, users?

20. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

The current system works 100% like arbiter intended. It's closely related to the pricing model of some AWS products, where you also pay for what you get down to the hour, but the hour is always fully paid.

In theory it's probably the fairest model for both users and bot authors. Users get to use premium bots without having to invest money upfront and risk being disappointed with the bot and having wasted their money, and bot authors need to constantly maintain their bots or else users will stop using them, immediately interrupting the author's cash flow.

For the most part the system works well, and supposedly even some gold farmers prefer this kinda system (I wouldn't though tbh).

The major issue in my eyes is that, compared to AWS, many premium bots and even the runemate client itself don't provide a constantly well user experience.
    E.g. some bots are tricky to setup, so users get lost in the process and end up with a faulty bot setup, having to restart the bot after it stopped itself. Or another example, which I experienced myself, is that client issues that have existed for years lead to crashes, also wasting the user's money and nerves.

So if all bot and client issues were resolved, providing an excellent user experience, and being stable, the pricing system would work very well. But that's simply not realistic at a botting platform with many new and/or unexperienced bot authors. And at the same time we can't have extensive code and performance reviews of premium bots because of the time it requires, so there won't be an enforced quality standard for premium bots.