1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your shitty payment system (Pardon me)

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by MahmoodZ, Nov 4, 2019.

1. MahmoodZ

Sorry if that language hurt anyone. Your shit payment system is not logical and not fair.
    As i read from various members of this community, I understood that your system charges an hourly rate once a paid script bot is activated. Wether a full or is run or not, once you stop the script bot and run it again it charges again.

The least i can say about this is bullshit.

The runemate client crashes every while for me, the rs client as well, add to that continuous updates that require me to restart runemate.
    Many times the script bot is defective, and it stopps working because of some bugs. And my account keeps getting charged everytime i run the script bot again.

Is this a fair way to do this?

Dont understand me wrong, i love the work you do but it’s not attainable like this.

2. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

the payment system is inspired by AWS payment system. and because runemate is totally on par with AWS products and not at all prone to bug out the hourly payment system is a perfect match :)

Edit: real talk, everyone knows it's stupid, it'd work great if there was a guarantee for both runemate and the premium bots to work as intended, but considering almost every premium bot is made by a hobbyist programmer and that runemate as a client relys on a lot of environmental factors of your OS, it's just straight up not a good experience most of the time

Jhinn likes this.
  3. Jhinn

[​IMG]

In all seriousness though OP, I don't get the choice for this system either. We've tried to come up with different methods that could've been implemented along side the current system (in case they didn't want to replace the current system), but Arbiter decided against it. There's not really much you can do.

4. MahmoodZ

Actually we can abandon it for other services out there. If the bot states X/hr and then it doesn’t, i consider that a scam. Otherwise it should be stated on each bot X/hr or run.

5. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

What do you mean

6. Swych

He means what everyone has a problem with is that bots state they're $0.10 per hour but if you stop and restart the session it charges you for a new session. He would like the bots to advertise that they're $0.10 per hour or session depending on what comes first.

OP there's a payment and billing FAQ here where you can find out more information. It's a hard system to support when it doesn't take into consideration that a session might have crashed or simply been stopped before you got a full hours worth.

7. Jhinn

bUt SoMeOnE iS mAkInG fIvE fIgUrEs So ThE sYsTeM wOrKs FiNe - I am 100% sure users would spend more money (more people earning a lot of money instead of one/two people) here on RuneMate (and stick with RuneMate) if we had a better payment system that rewards loyal users and is both attractive to the gold farmer and regular user. A system that gives you exactly what you pay for, regardless if the bot crashes for whatever reason. There's plenty of examples of people leaving RuneMate because of the payment system and its failures.

8. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

The negative hours thing at the end of the month is a really dumb side effect tbh. I get that if you buy the same amount every month and use it at a pretty consistent rate, you'll get the hours back when you need them. But it just looks awful like "I bought 1000 hours last month and now I can't bot again unless I buy more hours or wait a few weeks for enough hours to come back". And the -x hours just looks awful and unintuitive.

Also the only reasons I can see to defend the current per hour/per instance price vs just having the system add up elapsed time in the back end and charge when it hits an hour is: 1. This makes slightly more money due to charging for crashes that people don't bother refunding (and runemate always makes money on crashes since the refund comes from the bot author) and 2. The current system works "well enough".

Idk, tbh I usually just meme on these threads because I know they're futile but when it comes down to it the system could be definitely improved.

Edit: also I really don't care if this gets changed since I'm barely on RS anymore and I haven't botted in a while. The system is "fine", it's just also kind of weird.