Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Bug RuneMate is unable to detect RuneLite on MacOS

After the latest update to RuneMate, it is unable to detect open RuneLite clients. This combined with the removal of "New RuneLite Client" makes it impossible to use RuneMate.

I have always (since long before the recent update) needed to do the following when using RuneMate:
- Start the application "light mode" (Appearance settings). Could change to dark mode after, but doing so every time is tedious.
- Use the file tab in Runemate to start a new RuneLite client. RuneMate could never detect open RuneLite clients

I have tried to do the following to fix with no luck at all:
- Uninstall RuneMate & RuneLite
- Starting RuneLite through terminal using the following command [open /Applications/runelite.app --args --launch-mode=JVM]. This just causes RuneLite to bounce in my dock, unresponsive, and eventually needing a force quit.

I've seen other posts about this, but the conversation seems to change and the thread ends up getting marked resolved. So I decided to make my own thread specifically for this issue on MacOS.

was throwing some shit at the wall, and found out something that worked for me (not going to claim it will work for everyone, I really don't know what I'm doing). I added an -a flag after my open statement

terminal: open -a /Applications/runelite.app --args --launch-mode=JVM

Same thing here regarding the detection of runelite, terminal thing did unfortunately not work for me also. Anyone else tried to launch using the old school RuneScape client and was unable to press "Start Instance"? I am getting some sort of dead click...