1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Runemate won't open OSRS client (MAC)

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by s0124544, Dec 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. s0124544

Hey there, I've looked for a long time to find a thread that was similar to the problem I'm having. I only found this one, and unfortunately it's solution doesn't help me at all. So I decided to make a thread of my own.

Problem: I can install runemate just fine, I can get to the point where I need to start a client. When I request runemate to start a client, it's telling me it can't see the browser open on the specific link and that if I wait I should be able to see the client start up.

A couple of things:
    1. As far as I know there is NO jagex developed OSRS client.
    2. Osbuddy (latest version doesn't get started by runemate, and doesn't recognize it when opened manually)
    3. Simply downloading the legacy client (Rs3), and using that like the thread linked above said also doesn't work and quite frankly I don't see how it could.
    4. Editing the Rs3 client in the info.plist file to redirect to oldschool doesn't work anymore, either it gives a firewall error or a corrupted error (as seen on RS forums).

Can anyone please tell me how to bot OSRS on mac os please?

Specs:
    - Macbook pro 2015

Java:
    java version "1.8.0_71"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_71-b15)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.71-b15, mixed mode)

2. Zwillowies

I just downloaded the jagex client and edited the info.plist (like 10 mins ago). It ran OSRS just fine; I didn't have any issues with that. Runemate proceeded to open the client, but it gave me an error message one the jagex client booted up (I think the error said something about the wrong version of the game client or something along those lines). I'm now stuck on what to do.