1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mules

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by shadowhunter, Mar 29, 2017.

1. shadowhunter

What are people's experiences with mule accounts? What do ban rates look like on them? This is probably very stupid of me, but my current mule is only like a day old account, and level 3, with 60m currently sitting on it.

It has also logged into the same ip as the bots several times. I really can't log into my bots and my mule on a different ip unless I used a VPS, as the VPN I use is just a public one (cyberghost) and there's no way for cyberghost to change the ip on each individual client. Is it even possible to have a different ip on each client without a VPS?

I've heard when you trade your mule money you should also include another item in the trade (I have no idea why, just what I've read, could be BS). Is this true?

Anybody have any tips to avoid getting a mule banned?

2. Evuls

I've been gold farming for a looooong time and I've never had a single mule banned. Results definitely vary and it could happen for sure, but I've just never really worried too much about it. I sell it off as soon as I reach like 700m anyways so it's never a huge loss incase it does happen.

3. Yuuki Asuna

700m rs3?

4. Evuls

Yeah. I don't farm OSRS at all.

5. Yuuki Asuna

Ehh that's not that much but I guess better safe than sorry :eek:

6. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

Just posting this here:

Mod Weath on Twitter

I would make a VM and get a VPN on it and then drop trade

7. Gengsta

Gengsta Community Manager

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Yuuki Asuna likes this.
  8. forbobo

Thing is that looks like a massive goldfarm mule, whereas most people on this site wouldn't be running anything that would generate that, so it's very unlikely we'd be targeted. Mules are usually always safe if you're not some chinese goldfarmer with 50 accounts trading your mule.

I know a few people who were banned for rwt where in actuality they simply were transferring gold from rs3 -> osrs, or vice-versa, and their bans were appealed when they stated this. All cases i know of were relatively big trades (7b+ rs3) that were getting swapped, so it's VERY VERY unlikely that jagex would target an account that's only actively trading ~1-2b rs3 max. Even above that idk, because the cases of people getting banned for swapping gp between games getting mistaken for rwt pretty much doesn't happen anymore. If you plan to be selling your gp at an amount way lower than this then i'd say there's virtually no chance of your mule being targeted.

9. Firefoxes

Don't trade big amounts to f2p lvl 3. I've traded gold to my customer and he was auto banned after second 30m transaction. It was almost year ago. My character is still ok.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 29, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 29, 2017 ---
    Better to not using vpn or proxies at all than using public ones. It's almost 100% you'll get banned because of this. Use Proxifier, buy private proxies from trusted sellers.

10. shadowhunter

I really dont have the money to spend on a private vpn at the moment.

Only reason I use a public one is because I don't want the bots to be traceable to my main in any way.

11. Firefoxes

They could be traceable to your main through jagex cache anyway. I recommend you to not use any. Or use it through second OS or Virtual Machine.

12. shadowhunter

What if I deleted and reinstalled my jagex cache's everytime i went to log into my main?

13. Firefoxes

I think its ok. But still i'd not recommend to use public ip addresses anyway. It is used by scammers and spammers and you could be banned cos this ip is blacklisted cos of them. I know alot of people banned for using tunneling service for "better ping" (not osrs tho, other games). They did not use any bots, cheats or hacks, but others with same ip did.

14. BottingTips

It would be alot safer if you play on the mule a bit. Just to get off jagex's radar. Personally I use old unused accounts for mules.