1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS Babysitting bots lessen chance of ban?

Discussion in 'OSRS' started by JetS, Jul 19, 2018.

1. JetS

Question for you all:

I've only botted NMZ the past few months, and have maxed all combat stats. With maxed Combat stats (Prayer not included) I have under 950 total level ... but if this account is going to be useful in any way, shape, or form I have to complete some quests.

I f$&%ing hate quests, and skilling. But I also recognize that any skilling bots seem to come with some inherent risk, comparative to NMZ. So my question is ...

Does babysitting a bot, let's say agility, thieving, smithing, mining, etc., and pausing when other players interact with you tend to result in less chance of ban, or is the reason for such bots being banned so often deeper than player interaction, and getting caught on something for hours? I'm just trying to weight the risk/reward here, and figure out how to approach getting some necessary stats for quests (70ish agility, 50+ thieving, 50+ mining, etc.).

Thanks,
    JetS

2. Negrita

Interacting with people means less reports. Less report means less Jagex employees looking into your account. Doesn't garantuee anything though.

JetS likes this.
  3. JetS

Touche, that's generally what I was thinking. I just wasn't sure if there was an underlying reason some bots where banned more often than a bot such as NMZ beyond being reported.

I may try to at least bot agility and thieving with semi-frequent pauses, and occasional manual laps. The amount of bans seems wild. But so does training such skills manually, or having a maxed account without any quests done.

4. Negrita

If we knew what causes a ban, we'd program around it.

5. JetS

Fair enough.