1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved Authenticator and Ban?

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by jcstud0612, Aug 6, 2019.

1. jcstud0612

So every time a new game is started through runemate, the authenticator is required. I’ve noticed this when you have a change of IP address so I’m wondering what this would be for. If it’s a change of IP address or even server, might they find the requirement for the authenticator and switching of servers very suspicious and it eventually lead to a ban? Just seems like a variable of suspicion to me. What through runemate is causing you to need the authenticator every time I start a new game or am I suppose to remove it? All they’d have to do is send a spy here and they would notice this authenticator pattern which would add to the collection of evidence, no?

2. Best Answer:
    Post #3 by jcstud0612, Aug 6, 2019
  3. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

Nothing. RuneMate isn't the reason why you are needing to enter the authenticator code each time.

Are you using a VPN or proxy? Are you clearing your game cache each time you finish using RuneMate?

Regardless, I personally never used Jagex's authenticator anyway. A secure and unique RuneScape password, tied to an email address with two-factor authentication is more than enough security.

4. jcstud0612

Nice, no vpn/proxy nor clearingthe cache. I assumed runemate uses a proxy when it plays but I guess not. Cool, maybe I don’t need it, I’ll figure it out, thanks so much!

American Express likes this.