1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved Is it possible to get hacked?

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by icopx, Mar 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icopx

I was just recently hacked on osrs, is it possible the bot might have caused it?

2. Best Answer:
    Post #4 by American Express, Mar 23, 2018
  3. Snufalufugus

No, the admins have way more to lose than they would gain by hacking random users, and all code by authors is submitted by trustworthy staff members.

You probably got phished, hacked by a "friend" you shared your password with, or have a virus from a different, less reputable program.

4. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

The only way RuneMate can be involved in account hijacking is if someone got access to your runemate account in order to let it login to the game with accounts you have saved.
    But this is easily preventable by meeting the recommended safety measures such as 2 factor authentication.

5. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

Posting the same information I do every time this topic comes up:

• Are you sure you haven't used an easy to guess username/password combination?
    • Or that you're using a combination that has been leaked from an external database breach?
    • Or you downloaded a gold generator or similar program?
    • Clicked on any suspicious URLs from Twitch streams etc?

There is NO way RuneMate would hack you for your gold/items. We would not risk our entire reputation over the small amount of gold/items any user would have.

Furthermore, from the moment you enter your username/password combination in to the client, the information is immediately encrypted and impossible for anyone to read and use.

There have been many accusations of this over the years and almost every single time without fail the user has later determined the fault occurred elsewhere.

To summarise and make it extremely clear, RuneMate did not hack you and steal your items.

JonFon1234 likes this.
  6. josh122

it happened to me also i was ofline tried to go on my account and someone was on it logged on eventually and all my stuff gone..

7. Alqira

Alqira Eyyyyy Macarena

Just enable 2FA..

Defeat3d likes this.
  8. battulga

Did you use osbuddy? And then change to runelite or runemate? If yes osbuddy can actually hack you very easy so make sure that you have changed your password before you use runelite or runemate

UTM2019 likes this.
  9. Maico Samijn

I got hacked by using Regal Thieving, a script bot of yours.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 7, 2019, Original Post Date: Dec 7, 2019 ---
    You can put your information where the sun doesn''t shine. I am an adult with a brain that protected his account, has no virusses and NEVER got hacked in 10years. I used Runemate for 20minutes, dc'd, and everything is gone. Fucking retards

10. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

If you really think that RuneMate would risk its reputation to hack the measly amount of gold/items a single user would have, then you're the retard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.