1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Any1 experience with running runemate on linux?

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by arcstrider, Sep 13, 2020.

1. arcstrider

Hello,

i am trying to use runemate on my ubuntu machine everything is set well except when I try to open new osrs client or already have one opened and refresh client it doesn't find the client. It says operation not supported by operating system. Does anyone has any experience of knows whats the solution to this problem ill try to figure it out in the meanwhile

thanks a lot and have a nice week

2. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

If you're using the linux version of rm, I'd try the standalone. People have fixed issues with mac by doing that.

3. arcstrider

Thanks for your reply, i'm trying to but its good information that you give me here should solve another problem i have on my mac too
    tried several things they say i should use rsu-client but don't seem to get it working yet, ive been experimenting with the standalone for a half hour and know how to run .jar executables on linux but doesn't work yet must be some configuration problem have to find it out i haven't got any sleep lol trying different things
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 14, 2020, Original Post Date: Sep 14, 2020 ---
    but thanks for replying, also love your bots bro cheers

4. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

Ubuntu and Debian are the only officially supported distributions of Linux. We regularly test that RuneMate can be run from a stock installation of those distributions. If it's an option for you I would recommend using one of these distributions for RuneMate. Of course you're welcome to ask the community for help with other distributions, but the more information you can provide, e.g. logs, screenshots, etc., the more likely someone is able to help.