1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reason for missing what I feel should be obvious bots??

Discussion in 'General' started by Unsolved, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Unsolved

so many repetitive bots on here, but there's only 1 good farming bot, there's no sulliuscep bot, no volcanic mine, and still no bot for the moons bosses in varlamore yet, and wonder if there even will be

2. Michaud.retard

Discord, under General, #bot-requests

3. michael5555

Frankly it's due to meta. I'm aware these bots may be useful for ironmen, but the time effort for them is large. May as well just spend our time developing something that will actually be used.

Unsolved likes this.
  4. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

I was working on this day of release, but got sidetracked to release bots for bone shard mining, shard sacrificing, house thieving, and others. and then i've been busy irl the past couple weeks. i might pick back up moons & complete it though, or i'm sure someone will make it eventually.

Runemate has it's strengths & weaknesses (and more broadly, some things are more difficult than they appear). Traversing across long distances from random places, using arbitrary methods, and dealing with a lot of different unlocks & sprawling options makes farming a surprisingly difficult bot which also doesn't necessarily get a ton of use, as a lot of botters ignore farm runs

Honestly I don't know anything about sulliusceps, and I assume the vast majority of botters don't tbh. It's a pretty obscure ironman only method, with moderately high requirements. And might be somewhat complicated compared to like regular woodcutting, but again I don't know anything about it.

Same thing as sulliusceps

Like Michael said, it basically just comes down to that developers often want to focus on bots that will make an impact. And a lot of the time, activities are much less impactful than one might think. Even if one botter (or a few) really want to bot an activity for a while, there's often a small pool of people that'll use it for a given activity outside that first few hundred hours (and, for reference, the first 100 hours of use for a 5c bot would net a developer less than $5)

Really, developing a bot just often comes down to complexity vs impact. Even if it's a free bot, a developer will probably be more motivated to make a complicated bot if it'll be enjoyed widely. Whereas they might be willing to make something much more niche if it's very easy.

Unsolved likes this.
  5. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

feel free to write the bots that are missing monkey

Unsolved likes this.
  6. Unsolved

no, that's why I just pay for them. I haven't coded a damn thing since MySpace

7. JordanMoss

Can I ask a question about it?

8. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

yes?

Unsolved and xintouch like this.
  9. xintouch

keep an eye on cuppa. my fav bots

Unsolved likes this.
  10. Unsolved

concurred, cuppa def has a lot of great scripts bots. I have 13 Cuppa scripts bots saved lol