1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ApexHunter Lite [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Bot Support & Feedback' started by proxi, Jun 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. proxi

proxi s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*

proxi updated ApexHunter PRO (Beta) with a new update entry:

ApexHunter PRO (Beta) v0.0.2 Released!

• Added support for OSRS. (Currently only supports box and snare traps.)
    • Added Snare, Tortle, and Marasamaw trap support for RS3.
    • Fallen traps will now be replanted with the "Lay" option, rather than the original pick-up and then replant.
    • Added a failsafe to determine which traps are the current players when the layout pattern skews.
    • Added the ability to enable a layout refresh. This allows the bot to reset its traps to the chosen layout once every hour or so.
    • Several optimizations.
    • Several bug fixes.

Read the rest of this update entry...

#41 proxi, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  2. Lickme04

Just a quick note, the bot is quite slow when picking up traps that have either fallen or caught something. This often results in the 'shaking box' to collapse and the prey to get away. It seems to prioritise the closest trap to reset instead of the one that has been 'shaking' for a while. I can foresee exp rates improved by a reasonable amount if these issues were to be corrected :)

3. prcrstntr

I agree, sometimes it gets so busy resetting traps that it just ends up getting away.

4. proxi

proxi s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*

I'll add an option to prioritize gathering traps over planting new traps. I will say that from several tests, the current logic that allows letting ones fall occasionally has consistently resulted in more xp/hr.

Additionally, the bot will run slow in it's current state when it has the "Lay" a fallen trap that's on the ground. That's already been fixed and will be in the next update. However, if you're finding the bot universally slow, it's likely that you don't have the available free resources on your machine to run this bot. It's pretty intensive. I typically have this as the only bot running when I use it.

5. zerostar75

Thanks for making this bot, greatly appreciate it!! A rare bug that sometimes occurs is that the bot will sometimes try and place more than 5 traps when there are already 5 boxes laid out.

A quick question to your earlier post: If my machine doesn't have available resources, how will it affect the bots functionality? I already have settings (RS3) on lowest and running one instance.

Thanks Again!

6. proxi

proxi s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*

The logic loop will take longer to execute, so you'd see the bot appearing to run slower and taking longer to execute a task.

And the bug you mentioned, the bot should account for that scenario. If you check the logs you should see something like, "Failsafe initiated, currently placed traps are determined as ours." or something like that.

zerostar75 likes this.
  7. Joxx

How many hours should this bot be used to not be banned?

8. proxi

proxi s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*

There's no 'safe' botting. Period. You're always at a risk of ban when you're botting.

I've used this bot for a 3-day runtime before and that account still does not have a ban.

Joxx likes this.
  9. Joxx

Then I could use it about 10 hours a day ?, to train 83

10. proxi

proxi s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*

Again, botting is not safe. Period.

I can't advise how long to use a bot because I'm not in control of how or when a ban happens. Of course, botting for a longer duration can increase the likelihood of a ban, however botting for 30 minutes still puts you at risk of one.

If you are not comfortable with the possibility of losing your account I'd suggest creating a new account to try some bots on and find your comfort zone, or just don't bot at all.

Edit: Also, most people that bot on their legit accounts typically do not bot more than 4 hours a day. Just an fyi.

11. Lickme04

Any ETA on the next update my mans?

12. proxi

proxi s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*

It was supposed to be today, but I think I'm going to delay it until next weekend so I can add salamanders.
    What are you expecting to be in the next update?

13. extrana

having some problems where traps are disappearing. It keeps prioritizing a location to loot over the order that the box traps catch things, so they end up falling over from not being looted, then they're just ignored by the bot at that point. Tried some different settings and it keeps doing it.

14. proxi

proxi s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*

As posted above, "I'll add an option to prioritize gathering traps over planting new traps. I will say that from several tests, the current logic that allows letting ones fall occasionally has consistently resulted in more xp/hr."

Regardless, I will be adding this even though it doesn't actually gain anything other than an ease of mind to some of the end-users.

15. Shokatt

#55 Shokatt, Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  16. Jordo

Felt like it spent too much time setting up traps while catching azure skillchompas so I decided to drop one. Ever since it's been saying my invent is out of traps and ending on start-up. If the bot requires max amount of traps you can use to work, you should change that. Also the antiban seems too consistent. Who right clicks an azure skillchompa for no reason every 2 mins? That should be modified to be more human-like.

Attached Files:

17. proxi

proxi s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*

1. That's because your inventory is out of traps... you should always bring more traps than you need when you use a hunting bot. This bot does a great job at preventing trap loss, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. And it's not like it's a burden to add some additional traps to your inventory.
    2. That's a good idea about the letting the user select the max amount of traps. I'll add this in the next update as an optional feature.
    3. If the antiban bothers you... then change it? It's 100% configurable.

18. Jordo

1. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough: I started the bot at the desired location with 3 traps (4 being my max), it would place the three traps and then end the bot, despite having three traps placed. So without having your max available amount of traps, the bot will not work.

3. I don't know how I didn't notice the other settings tabs, my bad.

I'll give the bot another go with max traps and monitor it's efficiency. I just watched it for a minute or two and watched my full traps expire and collapse while the bot was having fun fixing empty traps that collapsed. I think it needs some sort of prioritization for filled traps.

19. proxi

proxi s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*

Additionally, I'd suggest letting this be the only bot running on your machine. It's a very query intensive bot, so it will run slow on older machines.

20. proxi

proxi s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶ bot*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.