1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Architect [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Bot Support & Feedback' started by KliK, Apr 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtracef

Hi, facing the same issue with the user above :O

2. blisterz

Remake the script bot. That's the only thing that fixed mine as of now. I'll dissect the json and let you know if there is something in it we can edit to recover our old script bot.

jtracef likes this.
  3. Dark57

Can someone with this issue try and open there JSON file in notepad, copy the text, and then input it into a new notepad document and save it something like "MyBotReloaded.json". After you have done that, can you try and open the file and save it again?

This will help me provide the information Klik will need to investigate this problem.

4. jtracef

Worked :)

Can i request a feature that gives NPC conditions like Objects too? (For a combat bot)

#224 jtracef, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    blisterz and Dark57 like this.
  5. ziplock1738

Is there any instructional videos on runemate for how to use this bot? Currently there are no bots that support crafting gems into jewelry, and I was hoping to use this to make one. Unfortunately i have absolutely no idea how to use this bot so a tutorial would be of great use.

6. jtracef

OSRS or RS3? Oo

7. Dark57

Unfortunately there is no tutorial yet, I haven't quite gotten around to making it. However, in the top right of Architect there is a button that says "Pre-Made". If you click that, it leads you to the Repository of Klik approved bots that you can use as examples to structure your own bot. They range from very simple bots, to extremely complex bots as I tried to highlight the usage of every function in Architect.

While I'm working on producing a quality tutorial on Architect bot writing, you can receive assistance writing your bot in this thread. If you describe what you would like the bot to do, I can try and point you to a bot in the Pre-Made folder that can help you get started. After that, whether or not you can get your bot working you should then post your code in this thread. I can look over your bot and see if there are any optimizations that you can make to improve your bot.

The biggest issue in producing OSRS content is that I don't play OSRS so I cannot write or test bots for OSRS. Most of the RS3 content should work in OSRS with slight modifications, but I cannot guarantee anything or provide support for OSRS.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 7, 2018, Original Post Date: Jul 7, 2018 ---
    I'll check Trello, and if I don't see it on the list I will pass it on to Klik.

jtracef likes this.
  8. Camel123

Can anyone explain how i join these? I see examples of arrows pointing to the next ones. I would like to make the bot walk to a location, Open a gate and then do some other actions after. How would i write that it? Thank you.

Attached Files:

9. Overwatch

drag that bold red box on the left to the blue one. and blue one to the other blue one

10. Dark57

You click on the node and drag it. When the nodes intersect, and you release the node it will attach to the cross section. So you want to drag the Title bar of the node you're trying to connect to the proper Title bar of the node you want to connect to.

The Walk To command already handles opening gates.

You would do something like

Is Player In Area
    -Do Other Actions
    No
    -Walk To Location

11. DrDeano420

Hey i was just wondering if someone could please help me make a simple clay softener... withdraw preset 1 from (edgeville) bank, run to (edgeville) well, use clay on well, click "fill" on pop up screen, run back to (edgeville) bank and repeat.

12. Aerilien

Okay so i couldnt find any proper urn script bot so i made very basic one myself with this bot. (Bot is amazing and very easy to use) Though this is my first one ever i would like if someone could tell me how to improve it.
    Decorated mining urns - [JSON] Decorated mining urns (Architect) BETA - Pastebin.com
    [Stand next to portable, change names for other urns, delete extra stuff in mould tree thats not in firing tree saving changes is not working properly for some reason]

#232 Aerilien, Jul 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
  13. zcai

are item names case sensitive

14. kiks

Yes

15. Dark57

They are currently, Klik has intentions on making them case insensitive but there are no release time frames.

16. substr

Wow, impressive!

Will be trying it out.

17. Dark57

There are some improvements to be had in your code. I will try to go through them, but currently I do not have the time.

If you are unable to save your code, then open up the JSON file, save it in a new Notepad document saved as a .JSON file. Next tiem you load it in the bot you will be able to save it again. It's a temporary workaround.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 8, 2018, Original Post Date: Aug 6, 2018 ---
    I took the time to do a quick run through of your code and tried to optimize it as best as possible. I haven't tested this at all, and you will have to modify some of the settings. I apologize that right now it's only in picture form, I ran into the save bug and did not have time to fix it so I could properly save it again. However, by looking at the code you should be able to recognize a few key differences between your code and mine.

[​IMG]

If you have an If Statement without anything in the Else section, it's either unneeded or unused.

You were checking to see if you had the maximum of a particular item, instead of checking for the minimum required to do the task. This means that your bot would stop functioning as soon as you preset withdrew less than normal. Instead you should be checking to see if you have enough to do ONE of the current task. So checking for 2 Soft Clay, instead of 14 dec mining urn (unf) means you can continue making urns until you do not have the raw basic materials to make even one.

The other reason you want to see if you have the raw materials to continue instead of checking to see if you have a certain amount of items in your inventory is that you can make the bot stop itself when you run out of materials. Your bot will stop and log out instead of cycling endlessly through your states and leaving you logged in and idling for hours.

You were also forcing the bot to interact with an object before checking to see if a window existed or not. That's just bad practice as if the interface isn't available, then you should force the bot to interact with the object based on that window missing. Otherwise you could be interacting with that object already, and then the bot fails the loop and tries to interact with the portable even though the window is already open. This is very robotic behavior, and can also cause undesired results in your bot's behavior.

Last thing I can recall I noticed what that you had an initial state just to "switch to banking". Why not just making Banking your Initial state?

18. burnonetwice

Anyone else notice that the bot seems to get stuck on a regular basis? Even with checks every step of the way it'll get stuck on something mundane.

It'll process an Interact With Object function, click the damn object, and just hang there forever like it hasn't already interacted with the object. Same with banking from time to time. It'll just get stuck on Open Bank seemingly forever at random times.

Decided to just give up and not bot for DXP, thing is giving me a headache.

Code (Text):
    1. [{"next":{"values":{"name":"bank"},"name":"Change to State"},"values":{"is_initial":true,"name":"Start"},"name":"State"},{"next":{"next":{"next":{"values":{"text":"HERBLORE"},"name":"Is Interface Visible","true":{"next":{"next":{"values":{"name":"bank"},"name":"Change to State"},"values":{"delay":14000,"delay_max":17000},"name":"Delay"},"values":{"key":" "},"name":"Press Key"},"false":{"next":{"next":{"next":{"next":{"values":{"name":"bank"},"name":"Change to State"},"values":{"delay":14000,"delay_max":17000},"name":"Delay"},"values":{"key":" "},"name":"Press Key"},"values":{"timeout_max":2000,"timeout":1000},"name":"Delay Until Interacting"},"values":{"location_constraint":false,"location_tile":false,"identity":{"string_value":"Portable well","is_integer":false,"integer_value":0},"tile":{"plane":0,"x":0,"y":0},"action":"Mix Potions","location_player":false,"radius":5},"name":"Interact with Object"}},"values":{"timeout_max":2000,"timeout":1000},"name":"Delay Until Interacting"},"values":{"location_constraint":false,"location_tile":false,"identity":{"string_value":"Portable well","is_integer":false,"integer_value":0},"tile":{"plane":0,"x":0,"y":0},"action":"Mix Potions","location_player":false,"radius":5},"name":"Interact with Object"},"values":{"is_initial":false,"name":"craft"},"name":"State"},{"next":{"next":{"values":{},"name":"Is Bank Open","true":{"next":{"next":{"values":{"name":"craft"},"name":"Change to State"},"values":{"delay":1000,"delay_max":2000},"name":"Delay"},"values":{"preset":1},"name":"Load Bank Preset"},"false":{"next":{"next":{"next":{"values":{"name":"craft"},"name":"Change to State"},"values":{"delay":1000,"delay_max":2000},"name":"Delay"},"values":{"preset":1},"name":"Load Bank Preset"},"values":{},"name":"Open Bank"}},"values":{},"name":"Open Bank"},"values":{"is_initial":false,"name":"bank"},"name":"State"}]
    Since it came up, checking that a portable well exist during DXP is unnecessary, it will always exist where I activate the script bot.

19. Dark57

If the bot works flawlessly when the servers are less crowded, then it is probably an issue with Runemate or Runescape servers. Double XP weekends bring a lot of extra traffic, this causes issues communicating between the servers and bots.

Did you try running other bots? Did they all have issues getting stuck where they otherwise wouldn't? Maybe it does have to do with the way Klik handled the checks but we can't confirm that unless you have evidence showing that it only effected Architect.

I don't have the time to load your code up, but I will try to double check that later.

20. thefriday

This is really good. It needs a few updates to allow for more complex scripts bots to be made, but otherwise brilliant.

One issue that I do have is that sometimes using Item on Item will select an item and then it will sit there and do nothing. It thinks it's selected the next item (misclick, usually) and it'll completely halt. I suggest adding some error detection on Architect's end to prevent this from fucking up someone's day.

I got around this by using "Interact with Item" and then "Click Item" and then using "Is Player Animating" statement three times in a row - if it fails three times, then it just starts over at the bank. I was at a loss on how to get around this, but finally it clicked that I should just add some good ol' error detection to everything and remade my entire potion-making script bot. Took about 15 minutes, I'd say. Overall around an hour of tinkering. Now I have the fastest, bestest potion-making bot on Runemate.

Thanks klikypants.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.