1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS PVP Guide - How to make: 1 def pure, Void pure, Zerker, and Tank:

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Serene, May 16, 2016.

1. spanishguy

Agility bots are kinda ok right now, they could be faster. I used Awesome Agility to get to 52 agility, account is fine so far.

Dulimundo likes this.
  2. Dulimundo

What gear is a necessity for higher tier (such as Zulrah) PvMing for a Range Tank?

3. Serene

Serene ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

For efficient killing you'd want to get any BIS stuff that you can. But i mean, bare minimum works. Whatever you can get by with and whatever you don't die in. Check out guides and if you can't afford some stuff just substitute with a lower tier option.

If you're worried about zulrah - I started killing in mystic and void range at like 45 def on my tank, and was doing fine with ~2 kills per trip and charter boat banking. Now i'm using arma + ahrims with bis amulets, rings and bracelets for ~4-5 kills per trip, and i'm still sub 80 defence.

Dulimundo likes this.
  4. spanishguy

So Serene, the higher I go in defense, the more efficient the range tank will be? I am debating if to stop at 70,75 or 99 defense. Assuming I won't PvE and just for PvP purposes. I have a maxed main, which I bought from someone around a year and half ago, I am scared they will recover as they contacted me 2 months ago about buying it back, but aside from this, I already have an account that is excellent for bossing so I think I am going to make my tank pure just for pking and was wondering what defense to go for.

5. Dulimundo

Alright, that actually gives me a better idea on Zulrah's difficulty. Helps a lot!

Serene likes this.
  6. Serene

Serene ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Higher defense is more efficient at some PvM places yes. It depends on the boss, you would have to look up guides and really test them out. But just for PvP purposes, that's subjective. I'm leaning towards no though because higher defense won't serve you as well as you think unless you actually use defense gear. On my last tank, the difference from 70 to 75 defense was negligible without wearing a DFS if I was in void, and if you wear a DFS now you at least risk ballista. If I didn't wear tank gear it just felt like unnecessary combat levels - but I haven't tried 1v1 with over 85 defense in a while.

Yeah zulrah doesn't actually hit you much. Most of the damage comes from the snakelings, which is where the higher defense comes into play. But it's definitely do-able at any defense level, just more annoying to have to watch for the snakelings.

Dulimundo and spanishguy like this.
  7. Dulimundo

Is it ever worth using melee on a Range Tank? Should I get Tassets/torture etc?

8. Serene

Serene ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Its worth it to train to your preferred levels, but the point of a range tank is to have low combat, but still be effective at pking, pvm and (somewhat) bridding. If you really want melee, you can still go 70/75 def build setup. I think maxed with 75 attack they're only 107 cb.

Dulimundo likes this.
  9. Dulimundo

Ahh okay, I'm currently trying to train up my defense with NMZ using Dharok's and I've come to the realization that I'm only gonna be getting a max of 60K EXP an hour. Any advice in training defense faster? My Atk and Str are both 70 btw

10. Serene

Serene ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Whip + ddef should be best defense xp/hr with nmz at those levels

11. spanishguy

@Serene Do you happen to remember what you did from 65-80 magic? I am going to level 80-99 through stun-alch, but I am not sure what to do before then. Of course, I prefer botting only methods, so I will probably be using your bot.

12. Serene

Serene ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I superheated/alched til 80. Think curse/alching and variations like that are the fastest (besides ice bursting) to 80.

spanishguy likes this.
  13. spanishguy

@Serene So for doing slayer to 49-69 for MM2, is there any way I can bot this with current bots in runemate, or is it too risky of dying/difficult to do for higher level assignments. I am thinking of paying someone to Powerlevel, I cant handle leveling myself lol

14. Serene

Serene ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's pretty unbearable without no/cannon and there aren't any slayer bots available atm. Your best bet is using alpha fighter if you're not using a cannon, or if you are then to just do it by hand. A few hours a day with no/cannon should get you there within a week.

spanishguy likes this.
  15. spanishguy

@Serene after months of botting and not getting caught, I am very close. I have a doubt though, would you think its worth going from 98 combat to 100 on my range tank just for elite void to pk with? or should i stay 98 range tank to avoid higher levl bracker dharokers and kill lower level dharokers?

I am 75 def, 99 range, 74 prayer with rigour atm. MM2 done

16. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

You'll still get DH'ers in both combat brackets

17. spanishguy

yes, but the lower bracket dh are weaker than higher bracket

plus lower bracket i face opposition like zerkers that i would face a few combat lvls higher

18. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

Not at that combat level.

19. spanishguy

Just got to 99 range/75 defence. What weapon combo should I use? May be using dfs btw but not sure if to use knives or cbow and dark bow vs ballista etc..

20. 0PrivacyMatter0

very nice detailed thread