1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS A case for runelite support

Discussion in 'OSRS' started by Luis Miguel, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Luis Miguel

Hello everyone I would like to thank you for reading this post.

I would like to add that runemate being a 32 bit client makes it more laggy because it has less access to ram even on most high priority, this is only necessary because the official osrs client is 32 bit aswell, to solve this problem the owners of runemate would need to add support for runelite which has a 64 bit client which would give more ram to runemate which means it uses more ram and less cpu and a 64 bit program works better on a 64 bit system, which would greatly reduce runemate lagg after a couple hours.

If you want to render polygons runelite also has the option to render graphics in gpu which reduces cpu usage(i often run the bots with polygons and animations disabled to reduce cpu), but even then, like most people after a few hours the runemate clients becomes really laggy.

In conclusion a x64 osrs client means that you can attach a x64 runemate that can use more ram for less cpu usage, and more clients at the same time which means more income for the runemate owners and less problems for those who are trying to use runemate for goldfarming, because at the moment with a pretty decent computer you cant use more than 4 clients for a couple hours without the need to restart runemate without it becoming laggy and greatly reduce running bots performance which means less xp/gold and maybe a bigger banrate?

If you are curious, my specs are: i5 6600k, 16gb ddr3+, rx580, windows 10 x64 system

Point is support of a x64 runescape third party client might be a good idea for performance, and runelite now seems to be the best option so far, other third party clients should be ignored unless its relatively easy to add them but runelite should be top priority.

Thank you and have a nice day!

#1 Luis Miguel, Jul 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    Leachh3h3 and EvilCabbage like this.
  2. Leachh3h3

I have noticed this problem after a couple hours, and wasted a bunch of credits trying to start a new session with out restarting the client

Runemate uses the official client, would the 64 client be a third part client? I thought there was advantages to using the official client

Luis Miguel likes this.
  3. Luis Miguel

If runelite support would to be added since its a 64 bit client that means Runemate would need to be 64 bit which means you can allocate more memory to it which would decrease cpu usage and allow you to run more instances per client without memory problems, that would allow you to run more bots per pc and cause less problems, RM biggest problem is memory and cpu usage

4. Leachh3h3

Ohhh thats a pretty sweet idea man, I was getting runemate and runelite mixed up for a sec there :D

Thought you meant runemate would have to make a client

5. Luis Miguel

Why the runelite support?
    Because its 64 bit and you can only attach a 64 bit RM to osrs client, and the official osrs client wont work because its only 32 bit

Also RM has 64 bit support on linux I think

#5 Luis Miguel, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  6. Leachh3h3

Yeah I got that now :) it's a good idea, anything to get rid of this fking lags xd

7. Aidden

Aidden Author of MaxiBots

This was looked into in the past and from what i remember the effort required to get it working was a lot higher than expected so plans to add support for runelite were put on hold.

8. Luis Miguel

What about any other 64 bit osrs client?
    I noticed there is 64 bit version for linux, have you tried it?

9. Aidden

I believe we already support 64 bit on linux

10. Luis Miguel

But the support is runelite specific or all 64 bit third party clients?, cause there are several, do you know

11. Aidden

Not runelite. Whatever the main osrs client is for Linux, I cant remember what its called. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's 64 bit

12. Luis Miguel

I will rent a server and see how the performance looks like