1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A PC capable of running a bot farm

Discussion in 'Programming & Hardware' started by Smorgs, Nov 9, 2023.

1. Smorgs

I am new on this forum and this is my first post!

I am a veteran runescaper and long time botter.

Looking to start a bot farm with approximately 20-50 accounts running at any time.

Back in the day i was able to get around 8 flax/essence bots running simultaneously with a i7 2700K based machine. This was about 10 years ago and hardware has progressed significantly since then, so have bot clients and scripts bots. So im thinking the requirements are higher per bot account.

I am also looking at making some scripts bots. For personal use and also to offer to the community when they are ready.

Im hoping to get some feedback and suggestions from current members who run a large bot farm.

I would like to run 20 to 50 accounts and also be able to use the machine to browse with multiple tabs, code, compile and develop scripts bots at the same time on the same machine.

I also dabble in 3D rendering and game development.

I'm doing this to make a profit in the long term however dont mind investing in a high spec PC.

I am currently looking at getting a 7000 series threadripper pro chip, high end motherboard capable of overclocking and then filling all 8 channels with fast DDR5. My reasoning for the PRO is more cores, core cache and 8 channel memory.

As for graphics i am clueless as to what the requirements are for running something like 20 to 50 botting clients.

How does one run this amount of bots these days?

How does one tackle the proxy / VPN aspect when running a botfarm?

Would i need a 4060, a 4090 or a workstation GPU with 40GB of VRAM? Or a combination?

Are virtual machines necessary?

Is Linux a possibility for the virtual machines? Or is Windows better?

Are a large number of CPU cores needed? Aswell as RAM?

Can you share your current setups?

What would a good way to begin script bot development?

Any educational resources would be greatly appreciated.

2. JaredCH

i would recommend going with the best possible hardware you are comfortable with purchasing, I am a huge fan of Runemate and use it daily, but I don't hear about too many people running massive bot farms on it, but I would love to be proven wrong on this. Some of the scripts bots on this platform appear to be pretty resource-heavy (bossing, revs, time-critical functions) and i would imagine trying to scale up to a few accounts might cause some issues / lag, but simple resource gathering, simple killing should be fine.

MW2 likes this.