1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

about bot authors

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by chris121, Feb 11, 2017.

1. chris121

so if runemate was shut down ever existed would someone like qosmiof or party be able to make their own bots for them selves or would it not be possible with out runemate and runemats api?

2. mew

mew

We'd need RuneMate's API and everything else that is currently server-sided.
    Also if the offsets change of RS then we'd need to do a lot of the work, but I doubt RuneMate will "hut down"

3. chris121

no i know just wanted to know if bot authors like i said would be able to still make their own bots for runescape with out the need for a huge botting plate form like runemate or powerbot or what ever

4. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

why are you so eagerly waiting for runemate to shut down m8?

mew and Qosmiof2 like this.
  5. mew

mew

No, well, kind of.
    There will always need to be a framework like RuneMate/Powerbot/SRL-6 (villavu) in order for it to work, so no.
    Unless they make their own botting platform then no

6. chris121

im not. i am trying t understand something. i was thinking of learning java then thought whats the point if runemate was to shut down or something then all my learning would be for nothing bcause I wouldnt be able to make bots with out runemats api and server sided stuff correct?

7. mew

mew

lolwat
    It's worth learning Java, not just for Runescape botting lmfao

Haris01211 likes this.
  8. chris121

it is if you can make your own bots with out relying on a botting platform

9. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

RuneMate is constantly growing, and so is RuneScape afaik, there is little chance it will shut down in near future if you ask me.

10. Glitch_

Glitch_ bored

Do be fair, you *could* make your own bot and not worry about the runemate platform or any platform.

HOWEVER- without a platform like RuneMate, bot authors would have to worry about finding all of the values of everything themselves and making updates or coding the bots would be a lot more tedious and difficult. Then you'd also have to figure out your way to capture the game, whether that be through injection, reflection, or some other process monitoring method, you would be responsible for creating that interface to begin with.

Tldr; yes you can but it's a lot harder.