1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS account was hacked

Discussion in 'OSRS' started by Que, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Que

Que

My account was hacked earlier this morning around 4am. Not sure how it happened but my login credentials was on the runemate client. Tried logging in this morning and my password was changed and the account was linked to an unknown email address. I successfully recovered the account to find it at a bank with most of my valuables missing. Just wondering if this happened to anybody else recently.

2. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

Did you sign up to a double xp recently

3. jakeybob

Double xp isn't a thing? o_O

4. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

yah but for some reason a lot of people get PHISHED from fake streams

5. Travelust

I feel like if someones using a botting client, that they wouldn't be so stupid to click on a phish link. But who knows.

6. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

Personally, I think the opposite.

If someone is the type of person to research and/or use RuneScape bots, actively participate in botting/RWT/other rule breaking activities, they are more likely than the average user to come across a phishing site.

That phishing site could be something that promises "unlocked/nulled" bots, double XP, free membership etc. Your average rule abiding RuneScape player is much less likely to ever intentionally look for these types of things and therefore be hacked.

7. Que

Que

to answer your question, no i never signed up for any of that. It just happened randomly this morning and took me by surprise someone logged into my acc i was currently botting on lol just wondering if it happened to anybody else

8. Hellwyr

Botted on runemate for about 3 years, never happened. how much u lost?