1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

accounts getting locked

Discussion in 'General' started by cas249, Aug 31, 2017.

1. cas249

when i create an account it sometimes get locked but today i had 3 accounts getting locked back to back so rip bonds. what can cause this?

2. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Locked or banned? There is a difference

3. cas249

account will dc and then it says gotta recover via email or support but i never get an email so rip

4. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Weird. Accounts being locked is the result of jagex detecting unusual account activity, such as logging in from more than one ip too frequently. They get locked for your own security so only you can recover them with your email, have you tried re-sending the recovery email?

5. s4mir

Did you buy the accounts? It happened to me after buying 10 old lvl 3 accounts. All 10 got locked :p

6. cas249

there is no option for that
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 31, 2017, Original Post Date: Aug 31, 2017 ---
    made them myself
    only thing i can think of that could cause it that i make the accounts on another pc via chrome remote desktop so that maybe jagex detects weird mouse behaviour because of that? idk

7. s4mir

Accounts do not get locked because of weird mouse behaviour. The only reason an account could get locked is if Jagex detects suspicious behaviour (hacked/sold accounts). Make an appeal from the IP you made the accounts from and you should have them back.

#7 s4mir, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  8. cas249

but the accounts are freshly made so how can it be hacked or sold. and idk if i wanna appeal and make jagex look into my ip n shit
    edit: could it maybe be that im using temp emails?

9. s4mir

Dude I was in the same situation 2 years ago and I got an answer from Jagex that the only reason a account would be locked is if there's suspicious behaviour on the account, so probably yes :p

10. puppygirl

puppygirl uwu :3

nope.