1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved ActionBar.getFilledSlots() will always put familiar in last slot

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by Boot, Mar 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Boot

Hey,
    I found an issue with using Familiar in action bar. It doesn't grab the right slot or key bind.
    Game Mode: RS3
    Reproduce: Have an item in slot 1. Put familiar in slot 2. Put Super heat and some other spell in slot 3 and 4. If you call ActionBar.getFilledSlots() and check the keybinds and index the Familiar will always be in the fourth slot The keybind will also be set to "4".

Thanks,
    Boot

LucasSousa likes this.
  2. Best Answer:
    Post #7 by Boot, May 13, 2017
  3. Infinite Inferno

Infinite Inferno The Pip Collector

4. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

I wasn't aware you could place a familiar in the actionbar, can you supply me with a test account?
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 21, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 21, 2017 ---
    After preliminary investigations, it appears that 3 of the 4 orbs on the actionbar can be placed into slots (regenerate, toggle quick prayers, and open familiar options) and all 3 of them cause weird issues to occur. @Party can you take it from here?

5. Boot

I wasn't either until I started making the runecrafter. I tried to get around the issue with a check for s.getName() == null (s being ActionBar.Slot) but it's still switching it around in the action bar so that didn't resolve my issue.I'm not sure what other objects can cause issues though. If you need an account or need me to test out anything else please let me know.

Thanks for looking into this @Cloud & @Party

@Party
    --- Double Post Merged, May 3, 2017 ---
    Reminder - @Party @SlashnHax

Please and thank you.

6. JustCurious

@Party @Cloud @SlashnHax

An easy to implement workaround until a proper fix is made would be to add an ID search to ActionBarQueryBuilder (ie ActionBar.newQuery().ids(int)) similar to inventory or bank commands.

For reference, interacting with familiar is ID 29, and items added to the action bar all use the same item IDs that they do in the inventory.

7. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

Is this still an issue?

8. Boot

@Cloud, No, I fixed it and gave the solution to @Party . I'm pretty sure it's already in the client but not 100% sure because he hasn't posted the change log yet.

However, getName() for Familiar is still null so might be worth looking into.

9. Party

Party Client Developer

It went in - when I do the next changelog you'll be credited @Boot.