1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Add Death Plateau to Web (RS3)

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by Swych, Apr 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Swych

Location: Death Plateau. For this diagram I have taken the shortest, but most dangerous route as you are attacked by Thrower Trolls on the north side. The green line is a wall of Rocks that is to be mantled. South of this map is Burthorpe.[​IMG]

The rocks are at coordinate [2835, 3592, 0] and have the option "Climb".
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

So just to be clear, this area is completely inaccessible currently because part of the path is blocked off by those rocks correct? Are there alternative routes there?

3. Swych

That's correct, it is currently blocked due to the rock wall not being supported. There is an alternative route using an agility dungeon which can be accessed the the dungeon icon to the south of the 'Death Plateau' text, this is also not supported. It takes about 2 minutes longer to get there but is completely safe from monsters. More information.
    [​IMG]
    Above it the route for the agility dungeon.

EDIT: To get to Death Plateau from the agility dungeon you have to exit it then go east and climb down a rock.

#3 Swych, Apr 13, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  4. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

So just for a little bit of essential context, where is this area at in the game? Can you give me general directions?

5. Swych

Sure. If you teleport to Burthorpe lodestone and go North-West towards the troll minigame and slip through the entrance in the wall to the south you're on a little battlefield type plane. Then to the north of that is the dungeon entrance to which leads into a cave that will have a hole in it if you've completed Death Plateau. From there you enter that hole and jump down the rocks and you're on the agility bit. That's the long, safe way.
    If you want the wall instead of going into the cave simply follow the north wall round to the west until you find the rock wall, jump over it and follow the path around and you're there

6. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

And finally is the setup for it identical on both osrs and rs3 (as in the general layout and routes, there can be slight discrepancies.

7. Swych

No, they're quite different. RS3 is the only one that has the agility dungeon however to my knowledge you can use the dangerous route on both game modes

8. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

The dangerous route is being added right now.

9. Swych

Beautiful :cool:

10. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

Done.

11. Swych

Just tested it out, seems to hop over the wall repeatedly. Not sure if this is just on my end though but it happened every time

12. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

Did you generate a new path each time before step or were you reusing the same one?

Also, what were you using as the destination coordinate?

13. Swych

I was building it ones an reusing it. I have a small circular area just inside the main combat area of Death Plateau.

14. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

Can you try regenerating it before each call to step for me to help debug?

15. Swych

Since logging on this morning it's unable to build a path like it was last night. I have to manually walk to the rocks and mantle over. From there it can traverse to the desired area.

My code for traversing
    Code (Text):
    1. if(path == null || path.getNext() == null) {
    2.             path = Traversal.getDefaultWeb().getPathBuilder().buildTo(monster.getLocation().getRandomCoordinate());
    3.         } else {
    4.             if (path.step(false)) {
    5.                 System.out.println("Walking to " + task);
    6.             } else {
    7.                 System.out.println("Failed to walk to " + task);
    8.             }
    9.         }
    My monster enum
    Code (Text):
    1. TROLLS("Mountain troll", null, new Area.Circular(new Coordinate(2865, 3592, 0), 6));
    Edit: The result is the same if i generate a new path each time the class is called

16. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

It could be the random coordinate bit that's causing issues, I'm investigating it now. You should be making sure that the destination is walkable for optimal results.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 16, 2017, Original Post Date: Apr 15, 2017 ---
    Try again and tell me what happens, I rewrote a lot of the object vertex insertions and fixed a bunch of errors in the data set.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 18, 2017 ---
    @Quinnn ?

17. Swych

Apologies, I've been so busy this easter weekend. Will report back ASAP when I get home tonight
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 18, 2017 ---
    Just tested it out. I could recreate the error of repeatedly hopping the rocks if I wasn't generating a new path each time but when I removed the if statement checking if the path was null each time the class was loaded it traversed correctly. Below is my traversal method for ease of understanding.
    Code (Text):
    1. @Override
    2.     public void execute() {
    3.         System.out.println("TraverseMonster");
    4.         String task = bot.getCurrentTask();
    5.         Monster monster = Monster.valueOf(task);
    7.         path = Traversal.getDefaultWeb().getPathBuilder().buildTo(Monster.TROLLS.getLocation());
    8.         if (path.step(false)) {
    9.             System.out.println("Walking to " + task);
    10.         } else {
    11.             System.out.println("Failed to walk to " + task);
    12.         }
    13.     }

18. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

I was able to produce the bug you're experiencing but it's a bug in WebPath#getNext(), not in the web or path generated. It'll require some time and a client update to patch.

Swych likes this.