1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After 1 day of using Runemate, my account got hacked

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Buttback, Nov 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buttback

So I just created a new account to play OSRS on my phone, and was looking into using Runemate. I tried a bot for a few minutes but it didn't work so I was like 'Oh well, guess it's not for me'.

Then I could not log in anymore because apparently I was still logged in, so I changed my password.

Guess what, I found my character in a different location, instead of 50GP I had 13.000GP and also 12K flax and 900 balls of wool in my bank, stuff that wasn't there before.

So yeah, I feel like they sell your account if it's a member account.

Just a fair warning.

2. jgli95

There is no runemate app on your phone

3. Gengsta

Gengsta Community Manager

There is no way you’re actually telling the whole truth here.

I’m guessing you got phished :)

x-centric likes this.
  4. Buttback

Yup, started out with the mobile OSRS game and then played a bit on my computer, on which I got the Runemate client.

Well, too bad, because it is. The only place I ever inserted my username and password was in the Runemate client.

5. Gengsta

Gengsta Community Manager

Very interesting response, if RuneMate was actually going rogue. Why would they risk their whole reputation for your 50gp bank? It just doesn’t make sense dude

LegendaryGold likes this.
  6. rickp

weve seen people post screenies of botting on mains with multiple 99's and probably 100's of mils in the bank, but yes i think it makes sense that they would go after your flax instead

LegendaryGold likes this.
  7. Buttback

I'm guessing member accounts are a commodity. Maybe the maker of the bot I was trying to use got a hold of it. I have had this account and OSRS for a grand total of like 2-3 days, I don't really care if you trust my word or not.
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 6, 2018, Original Post Date: Nov 6, 2018 ---
    Okay so everyone here is saying I'm lying. I have nothing to gain by lying. Anyway, I'll be off.

8. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

You got free stuff man, santa came early this year
    Also you‘re literally the first person describing this kind of phenomenon. I feel like if it was actually RuneMate we would be seeing a lot more complaints about sold accounts. I mean runemate would have to sell LOADS of membership accounts for this rogue business to become worth the risk.

9. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

So what I'm assuming happened here is that OP got phished by one of those fake osrs mobile sites.
    "After 1 day of using RuneMate I got hacked," but the main takeaway here is you've only been playing a couple days. Anyone who's bold enough to download a botting client within days of rejoining/joining the game is definitely a prime target for phishers and hacked mobile clients.

10. dino_baldo

dino_baldo A Bald Dinosaur

Lots of members and people with high level accounts use this, it's public knowledge that your account information is encrypted and unreadable to anyone but you. It is certainly not the fault of RuneMate, or else there wouldn't be this large of a following. But sure, they risked everything because they wanted your flax and low gp.

11. lukasvon

yes true i lost 5M every 2 days runemate use my password and clean bank :D so funny scamers
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 11, 2018, Original Post Date: Nov 11, 2018 ---
    just use bot for skilling and have money on another account problem solved

12. NobleFrenzy

Sorry man i hacked ur account when u used one of my scripts bots so i felt a little sorry that i did and so i gave u something back

13. King Botter

Dear god in heaven
    I never ask for anything, but this one time, i want something, i need it, i urge for it.
    These two mentally retarded kids Are infecting people with their stupidness.. like omg, even my two balls is smarter.. please dear god, take these two and i Will worship you 24/7 rest of my life.

14. heroicdose

what an idiot

King Botter likes this.
  15. lifetolive

My tinfoil hat is on, I'm listening...

16. andykeo1991

hmm i actually lost some stuff too lol. but i aint complaining probably my fault for not putting the 2 step authenticated password on.

17. King Botter

if you think RM has anything to do with it, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.