1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An appreciation for Runemate (Open Letter to Executives and Bot Authors)

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Huningtonbro, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Huningtonbro

Lately, I have been thinking about everyone who has put their expertise and hard work into this very smooth running program. I wanted to pen a small letter of appreciation to all Authors and Executives whom take the time out of their day to challenge themselves to create codes that run smoothly and efficiently with this program. I am an aspiring code writer myself, but I have only just begun my journey into this interesting and challenging field of study. I have already seen how tedious and time consuming, but very rewarding learning the HTML language. There is much more to learn and a lot of extremely hard challenges ahead. All of this to say that for all members whom have benefitted from this program we should all remember that these intelligent people are spending their time and resources toward fixing and maintaining this very efficiently running system. You don't get enough credit. Thank you for all that you do!

Huningtonbro

2. Derk

Derk 12 year old normie

I appreciate the kind words. I felt the same way before I started making bots. It's one of the reasons why I picked it up. Give something back so to say.

Not trying to demotivate you but if you think HTML is a real challenge, any language like Java or C related languages are at least 10 times harder to fully understand.

3. Aidden

Aidden Author of MaxiBots

I don't think so, not for java at least. Sure they might have a much broader feature set but that doesn't mean it's harder to learn.

4. Huningtonbro

My brother in law got me into it, but I wanted to start somewhere simple so that I had a basis and then work my way up to Java and other languages. And no you haven't demotivated me I am excited to be diving into it. Do y'all have any idea's on where to practice code? I have been using freecodecamp, but I would like to have a place to practice writing.