1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are there any future bots coming?

Discussion in 'General' started by Bing Bong, Feb 16, 2023.

1. Bing Bong

Bing Bong Bot Author

Hello,

I believe it is fair to say that not many bots have come out the past year or so and I was wondering is any more bots being worked on as we speak?

If so, what are they and are they tested, efficient enough to pass to go live without getting banned (always a possibility we understand).

I believe the RM website has now been left to die out personally and I would like to see if it can strive back to when I first joined this community. I would be happy to see more bots being developed and brought out.

2. Defeat3d

Defeat3d Primate

there is definitely some activity, join the discord to be more up to date on the community and development

3. Bing Bong

Bing Bong Bot Author

I've been in the discord but recently left. I wasn't getting any response with any of the bot requests that were made so I just feel like the community is now ending :(

4. dahnae

Making a new bot just takes a lot of time and most/all of the authors have full time jobs and make bots only as a hobby/part-time. The community is not "ending".

Bing Bong likes this.
  5. Bing Bong

Bing Bong Bot Author

I do understand. I just wish there were more of a variety of bots, especially for higher-end pvm for the mains or even maxed bots we have.

6. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

I can understand where you're coming from, especially as a botter, as the forum is pretty quiet. But honestly I don't really see the current state as a sign of decline.

If anything, the client is getting worked on a ton more over the past year, and the amount of people botting on Runemate has increased over the past year (after slowing down a lot in prior years).

Honestly there's been a good amount of releases in 2022. I think a lot of them are just smaller or releases that didn't get a ton of attention so people may not realise. All this was released in 2022 (I recognize some of it is duplicated lite/premium versions): imgur.com

Also honestly there's just not many bots which don't currently exist and would have a wide appeal. I personally consider new bot ideas often, and most/all the ideas I hear are either: very difficult to create, very niche, or already exist in some capacity on the botstore/have their niche filled.

Keep in mind, Jagex has released almost nothing worth botting lately. Besides GotR and Foundry, almost all the updates last year were quest or endgame pvm related tbh. Or gamemode stuff.

Boss/high level PVM bots kind of fall under the first 2: difficult and niche. PVM/boss bots all require totally different logic depending on the activity. For example a zulrah bot has almost nothing in common with a vorkath bot. So a developer needs to be pretty convinced people would actually use a bot for a specific bot for a boss. Zulrah was great profit on release so it made sense. Vorkath is a solid idea too, but quite high requirements. Gauntlet is very hard to develop and also high requirements. I'm not really sure what other bosses would be remotely viable to bot tbh (relative to the effort to create them). A lot of bosses are more viable in teams (which isn't great for botting). Or they're super complicated/multi-bosses-in-one like raids.

Compare this to a general pvm bot, where the basic logic is "click an NPC with this name and eat" (at it's simplest anyway), and would probably be used more as it can be used for many purposes.

I think you mentioned making a Nightmare bot on discord, which isn't a terrible idea, but I think it's really unclear what the bot should do or support. Nightmare is generally a team boss isn't it? Is there a specific method it should use etc?
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 17, 2023, Original Post Date: Feb 17, 2023 ---
    PS: to answer your core question, yeah new bots are always coming. Devs just get side tracked or busy, or they take more time than expected.

I have a really cool bot I hope to release, but I'm not certain if I'll be able to as I'm hitting a bit of a wall on it. I know other devs have some pretty cool ones in some stage of development, but yeah, as Dahnae said these are passion projects first.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 17, 2023 ---
    Sorry, long rambly post, lol.