1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Auto script failure log via the developer page

Discussion in 'Client & Site Suggestions' started by Exia, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Exia

I think it would be very cool if a script bot experiences an exception on any client, it would log the event and with a database the script bot developer could access. I know from writing my scripts bots a while ago, a lot of time, I couldn't find all of the bugs and I had to wait for people to report them, and lot of users are not tech savvy and don't know how to get the debug info to the developer which leads to un caught errors in the script bot.

The way I envision it is simply a log pane on the developer page for each script bot that shows maybe the last 10 exceptions (or whatever number is realistically possible without a monetary impact) that the script bot owner can access. Maybe force them to opt in, or allow the user to opt out, either way I think it would be pretty cool.

2. Philosobyte

You mean this?
    [​IMG]

3. Aidden

Aidden Author of MaxiBots

Yeah lol we already have this. Go to the Developer page and click Exception Log near the bottom :)

4. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

major inb4 teehee.

5. Exia

Lol, like I actually develop here.