1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RS3 Bank Sorting Bot

Discussion in 'Bot Requests' started by Madras, Aug 8, 2018.

?

Would you use the bank sorting bot?

1. Yes!!!

17 vote(s)
    85.0%
  2. No, i can sort my bank by myself!

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. Madras

Hey Runemate'rs,

today i was looking inside my bank and i realized how messy it is! I have always troubles with keeping my bank clean..

So my suggestion: A BANK SORTING BOT!!!!

This Bot should sort the bank by usage, skills, portions..... etc.
    Also should have an option for different sorting methods like A-Z, Cheap-Expensive, Color(rainbow order)

It would be really great and a help for us all i guess.

Greetings:)(y)

Lhufascorp likes this.
  2. Lhufascorp

My bots always have few items in the bank :p

3. Overwatch

Or don't be lazy (y)

Lhufascorp likes this.
  4. DrManhattan

It would be nice. It really would.

But also really, really tedious, time consuming and frankly - useless. Especially adding different options, such as sorting by colors.

I think it's a little unreasonable to expect someone to waste a huge amount of time to automate a process that is not that difficult, mostly unique for each person, and not worth to be banned over.

Trust me when I say that I too have thought about this - how nice it would be to have my bank organized with a click. But it's just not worth it to write a bot for it.

Instead it's something you should suggest to Jagex. Either an auto-sort feature for the bank, or simply a different display modes that sort relevant items into categories - like "Equipment, Herblore & Farming, Mining & Smithing" etc. You will most likely have better luck asking to have it implemented by them than someone making a bot that a) works and b) works just like you'd like it to.

5. Madras

Hey guys, thanks for your interest. Yeah i guess you're right. Well then i just have to fight against my lazyness i guess.^^

Hopeful i found out, that Jagex plans a second bank rework with a sorting function. :O

So let us all pray, that they focus on this soon.

Greetings

6. Overwatch

i don't think they will ever do that because a lot of items falls into a lot of different categories and it'll be messy

7. DrManhattan

The way I'd do it would be more like a filter. So you can choose "Herblore" and get all the items that go under that, and "Equipment" will show everything you can wear etc.
    So one item could be under... lets say "Herblore secondaries" as well as "Woodcutting".

But you'd still have your standard tabs you can manually sort things to.
    But one could opt to simply use the filtering and not care about the tabs at all. It'd still be easier to find items if you forget the name of the item, or if you're not even sure what you have in some category.