1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OSRS banned after 4 hours

Discussion in 'OSRS' started by budda1337, Jun 21, 2019.

1. budda1337

hello. im not complaning about my ban, just wanted to let u all know.

1. What game mode (OSRS, RS3)? osrs
    2. What bots on RuneMate have you used? Maxiwoodcutter and mmaaikels firemaker
    3. What other botting software (Powerbot etc.) have you used previously? i havent been botting for years, this is the first acc in atleast 3 years
    4. Have you been banned previously? yes a long time ago
    5. Were you 'suicide' botting? no. i was botting 1.5 hours at work with a break in between and 2.5hours at home on the same network (hotspot on my phone)
    6. Did you play legitimately in between botting? no because the account didnt last that long, i would have tho
    7. When was your account created? years ago but it was nt played on since it was made
    i was traded 10m from a friend of mine.
    1-30wc varrock west tree and oaks. banked
    30-43 wc at port sarim north willows. drop when inv was full
    1-40 fm at varrock west, paused the bot to change what to burn when i could.
    was banned while wcing at port sarim 15mins ago

i dont know exactly why i was banned that fast, maybe im doing something very wrong.

any suggestions on how to start my next botting account so it will last abit longer :)

2. noddhoffz

Botting woodcutting was your mistake man..shits suicide.

3. unibot

botting any of the f2p non-combat skills for an hour on a fresh account is pretty much asking for a ban. Fresh accounts are monitored more heavily when it comes to things like this. Mix it up: do some quests, level up some combat, and don't look like bob. Bobs get reported a lot.

Your friend gave you 10m, so I see no reason why you were botting resource-gathering skills. The amount of time you were running them is pretty reasonable (short sessions), just not those skils for a fresh account on what was probably a f2p world (mems worlds are a bit safer, but precaution is still necessary)

4. budda1337

this was on a member world i forgot to add that.

how long after making an account is it reasonable to start botting, i dont mind doing quests and such but i simply didnt get the chance.

the plan was to get 50fm and 50 wc then try wintertodt.

5. Prayerzz

I have 2 WT bots running now for a few days with 5 hrs max running time then i switch to do something none botting.
    I started them both off as looters without any botting for 3 days and then started firemaking botting and wt botting.
    Still no ban maybe i'm lucky ?

6. Blackfire223

Could be 100 different reasons as to why some people get banned faster over others. You can find people on here that bot 12 hours a day for months and have no issues and people fresh off tutorial island banned minutes later. Could be your IP address, HWID, or that you botted something that is highly botted or something. I find the best luck I have had is by using an older account. Granted, this isn't a bulletproof strategy but seems to be working for me. The best option is in the beginning, especially if it is a new account creation, do things manually for a bit. Bang out quests, some low levels or so. Do this for a week or so. After that time ease into the botting and go from there.

j0rdy likes this.
  7. Bean.

Just unlucky I guess. Maybe just bot a different stat

8. budda1337

thanks for the replies.

i've started a new acc for botting and done some quests, gonna start botting some combat within long :)

9. Jhinn

Do you have any proof to back that claim up? I've personally done multiple 8+ hour sessions without any issues.

10. iTzRaDiaNTTV

iTzRaDiaNTTV Community Member

it was the SPOT that he was Wood cutting that got him Banned ON sight, Assuming someone reported him OR he was WoodCutting In one of Jagex Famous Botting hot spots. Does anyone know of any maps for these Hot spots??? I would love to see exactly what to avoid as well. sorry man! look like WC in a BAD spot :/

anon2121212 likes this.
  11. s_as

From personal experience, I find that botting Wintertodt, as long as you are smart about it (e.g. don't bot for longer than 2-3h at a time, don't bot for more than 6-8h a day total, do quests/legitimate training other skills in between botting sessions) has a low banrate. There are tons of people there so it's highly unlikely you'll be reported and there are very well-developed Wintertodt scripts bots available. Besides that it is trash GP/hr which means there are barely any gold farming bots. As for quests, aim for 30-40 QP and complete some quests in between (maybe start Wintertodt with 20 QP and end 99FM at Wintertodt with 40 QP) and that will keep you nice and under the radar.

12. ikapa

imo firemaking got u banned

13. jakeybob

I recently used a wc bot for 7 levels no problems although i used s very remote location

14. Hejhej

Someone said "use and old account", I've used 3 of my old acconts created back in 2006, all of them are banned now. I got quite far on them, like 92 rc on 1, 96 agil on the 2nd, and 95 fish/99 cook/99fletch on the third.

Now i created a new one, skilling it more like a main account. Combat is 92, 75 att 80 str 75 def, with 65 slayer at the moment. Going for slayer helm, then i will start some skilling. No problems, yet.

I trained some f2p skills legit in f2p before i got members, to 85cmb so i can use Nieve as slayer master. like 15 mining (for iron ore), 30wc for willow.
    also suicided combat (4real 24/7 for a week)

15. Firefoxes

Characters returned after long pause are monitored as close as a new ones or maybe even closer. Check the reason of the ban. If it is not an RWT, try to pretend your account was hacked (login from home network without hotspot and do an appeal). Probs you'll get lucky and get your acc back.

upd
    oops just saw a date of first message