1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Bot charged me when not using it!

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by MrBowlhead, Apr 11, 2022.

Tags:
  1. MrBowlhead

Cuppa Hunter AIO has just charged me for 96 hours of use, totalling at $6.58!

Wiped my account when I was logged out the whole time. Great.

Any way of claiming this back?

2. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

Hey! So just to get this out of the way, transactions and charging are handled on Runemate's end by their system. Nothing in my bot handles charging for transactions, all I do is set the price in a configuration file. So if Runemate did charge you for 96 hours by some bug (which I've never heard of happening before honestly), it's not something I could have prevented or changed unfortunately.

That out of the way... How did this happen from your point of view? Did you leave the bot running for 96 hours, or leave it paused...? As paused bots still accrue usage (again, Runemate's system). Did you have Runemate minimized? The bot was running for 4 days straight while on the logout screen?

I'd like to help you out here, but this is the largest (potential) refund I've had requested and I kinda need more info tbh.

Can you also pm me/post a screenshot of the transaction from (https://www.runemate.com/community/adcredits/) along with letting me know which timezone you're in so I can find the transaction?