1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bot hunters are hunting Hunting Bots!

Discussion in 'General' started by Tlow, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Tlow

The title pretty much says it all (yes, i just HAD to phrase it that way :D)

I recently got perma banned on an account while botting Hunting at Red Chinchompas, so I decided to babysit my current account and made an interesting discovery:

Every once in a while random players will run over to the Chinchompa Spots and will talk to you. In the last 2 days I have been approached by random players 4 times (3 of the 4 were Ironman, I don't know if maybe some Ironman CC decided to got bot hunting).
    Just now some Ironman ran up to my hunting spot and asked if I was a good hunter. I replied with "nah, not yet" and he just said, "ahh your fine, your a good hunter, carry on" and switched worlds again.
    The other times it was very similar, in the sense that, they just asked something completely random and if you reply, the instantly teleport away or switch worlds.

Tl;DR : babysit your hunting bots for now, or you will get reported pretty often.

2. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

Holy shit, if this is accurate that's pretty awesome as a bot hunting idea by jagex. Obviously not super effective as people can just start making their bots say random stuff, but a neat idea.

3. S Q U R E L

just make the bot type in a foreign language when someone tries to talk to you

4. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

I remember bots at Draynor Willows that would just read out lines from Shakespeare every 10 - 20 seconds. If anything, makes it even more obvious you're a bot ;)

5. Tlow

-"Yow dude, whats your wc level?"
    -"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall."
    -"Uuhm okay,dude, are you alright?!"
    -"BEWARE THE IDES OF MARCH!"
    -"...okay dude, happy chopping"
    *leaves*

Lhufascorp, CuppaJava and Wet Rag like this.
  6. Negrita

People have been doing this for years. Even organizing on RuneScape forums to go to a spot and mass report bots.

7. Tlow

I've never used the RS forums to be honest, is this really a thing? I guess I'll just train combat for now so I don't get reported that often..
    Have a good and happy (botting) Sunday!

8. JoJo

that's why you finish the western provinces hard, and get a private hunting ground.