1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved Botting hours tracking bug?

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by cowsecond, Feb 1, 2017.

1. cowsecond

I've looked through several of the other bot hour tracking reports, and checked against the responses given in those, and I think this case is different.

I somehow have runemate.com/services/stats showing I botted 62 hours yesterday (2/1-2/2) when I max bot on 2 accounts, and I know I didnt have them running 24 hrs yesterday. So even in the worst case scenario, I only have two devices/clients/accounts I'm botting on and can maximum accrue 48 hrs. Noone else on my home wifi plays RS or uses Runemate, so I'm beginning to think this an hour tracking bug in Runemate.

I wouldnt mind if it wasnt the case that I specifically upgraded to 400 hrs a month to cover the case of running two accounts occasionally.

Also, I will attach the hourly plot. You'll see that some hours of the day it's logging 7 bot-hours in one hour. Even more absurd, in another hour (2/1 1pm-2pm Pacific time) logging 28 bot-hours in that single hour... Again, I literally have only two clients running max...

Would really appreciate a clarification and investigation into this.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 1, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 1, 2017 ---
    This multiple bot-hour magic happens several times.

All times given are in Pacific time.

Jan 2 2-3am - 13 bot-hours in that hour
    SEVERAL 6 bot-hour hours all over the place
    Jan 7 4-5am - 13 bot-hours in that hour
    Jan 28 9-10am - 11 bot-hours in that hour
    Feb 1 1-2pm - 28 bot-hours in that hour

I know for a fact all of these are impossible to achieve. 2 clients max, no other RS players on my home wifi network, 2 accounts linked to my Runemate account, maximum should always be 2 bot-hours in an hour.

I know noone has had a chance to respond yet, but I do want to reiterate how ludicrous this tracking data is. I tried to find one, but there is no pattern of when this multiplicative tracking tends to happen.

Attached Files:

2. Best Answer:
    Post #4 by Arbiter, Feb 1, 2017
  3. Shumbo

Having the same issue.

In 1 hour I used 33 Hours. I only run 1 account and 1 bot with no VPN and my network is not shared without else.

Attached Files:

4. Aria

The graph is often very off. For me, it shows that I've botted for just two hours when in reality I've been botting 12 hours a day on an average of 8 RM instances for the past 5 days. The numbers in the "Upgrade Status" area are much closer to what I would expect my botting time to be, around 500 hrs.

5. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

Duration is recorded at the time the session is stopped. If you stop a 24 hour binge botting spree at 1:03pm on a Thursday it will show all 24 hours for the hour between 1-2pm on that Thursday.

6. cowsecond

Ok but how does a single day hit 62 hours? What defines a session? When a bot is stopped, or when the client is restarted?

7. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

When a bot is stopped.

8. tamagor

a problem with the meter bot time in a month on the chart shows the zeros, and eventually wrote 207 hours

9. cowsecond

I never ran a bot for 27 or 28 hours.

Another point out of curiousity: If I start and stop a bot, does it count as 4 hours if I run it for 1 hour and a minute, and then run another for 1 hour and a minute?
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 1, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 1, 2017 ---
    Another important question, if I pause a bot, does the client keep ticking hours?? This could be what might have caused some of the numbers I'm seeing

10. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

No it does not in usage stats.

Yes it does.

11. cowsecond

How does that make sense? How does pausing a bot not create a new interval 'entry' in the tracking system. This is a pretty massive flaw in the logic to be honest, because as a user I understand pausing and stopping to both indicate my hours are not being used up..

Is this clarified anywhere in the RM UI or anywhere else? Because I surely was unaware of this 'functionality'

12. Firefoxes

You're pausing the "Bot" some bot author made. There are some actions that might be performed during bot.onPause(). So actually this exactly instance of bot keeps running. And i can't say for 100% cos i'm not too experienced as a bot author, it might be too difficult or even impossible to track has bot performed any actions during pause time or not. At very least during pause, bot continue counting time to unpause itself in case break handler is used.

13. cowsecond

How is any of this made clear to any *user*. Youre talking from the perspective of a developer who sees the library functions. I dont see any of that, nor have I come across a single bot that does anything unique in "on pause". They all just halt, but keep their configuration state. Lots of bots I use I will want to manually pause since they dont implement break handling, and I thought it would be convenient to pause instead of stop to keep the settings as they are.

To me this seems like a really poorly communicated distinction that quite practically robbed me of potentially 50 hours over the past 30 days now that I think of how many times ive used pausing to handle breaks or to keep a bot ready for when I want to restart it in the morning.

14. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

We will take your feedback and consider how to best inform users.

15. Shumbo

But then your peaks should add up. So if there was a peak at 1 am and and peak at 4 am. the peak at 4 am should 4 hours.

Like I have a 2 hour peak followed by 33 hour peak(I have never botted for 33 hours non stop) the following hour. If the stats are updated on a stop start then the following peak should be 1 hour .

Attached Files:

16. Aidden

Aidden Author of MaxiBots

Break handlers still use up your hours too, so it makes no difference.

17. Shumbo

Dont use break handlers...