1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C# Cefsharp & javascript

Discussion in 'Programming & Hardware' started by connormcg, Apr 11, 2017.

1. connormcg

connormcg Account Source

If anyone can help me out with this problem I'm willing to pay you RSGP, spent 6 hours trying to figure it out & even posted on stackoverflow - no dice.

So I'm trying to automate a web login, I would normally do this via post data but this is a URL from a reversed APK and uses sockets. The website also detects IE7 so normal webBrowser control doesn't work, that's why I have to use Cefsharp (chrome user agent for C#).

Cefsharp interacts with websites via javascript embedded in C#, when automating this login I have successfully created entering the user & password but clicking the submit button is another story. The username & password field are marked to detect text in both of them but entering text via document.getElementById('username').value doesn't seem to trigger the event handler? This means I cannot press the submit button.

Anyone know how I can automatically enter username & password and click the submit button while getting around this? I could custom make the program for you if you will not take RSGP, this will be highly beneficial to bot farmers who run quite a lot of accounts.

2. ThePeach

I almost completely forget my Javascript training but couldn't you use a separate method to enter the text into the textbox?

Do you know which handler enables the submit button? It could be a mouse click, textbox focus etc. If you find that out you can just action that after you enter the values.

There is also a web control from Gecko/Firefox for Visual Studio that isn't IE7 so that might also change things.

Good luck.

3. f0cus

Actually it isn't necessary to use CEF, you could simply HTTP Post to the form url endpoint with the required data.