Bug Camera somehow mixes up pitch and yaw

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by Exia, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Exia

@Arbiter @Cloud

This is a very strange exception I"m getting:
    Code (Text):
    1. java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Pitch must be a value between 0 and 1
    which corresponds to this line:
    Code (Text):
    1. Camera.concurrentlyTurnTo((int)(Camera.getYaw() + Random.nextInt(0, 360)) % 360);
    So either somehow java is switching that in method call to the double one, or the exception message is incorrect.

2. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

Is the exception occurring locally or on the Bot Store? If it's on the Bot Store, it could be obfuscation related. You could try clarifying the line by setting a temporary variable "final int yaw = Camera.getYaw() + Random(0, 360);" and then using it in the following line "Camera.concurrentlyTurnTo(yaw % 360);" If this does fix it, we will look into fixing the obfuscator.

3. Exia

Both I think. But mostly on the store. I don't see a need to clarify. The % operator can only be used on and output ints (in java).

4. Cloud

Cloud The Developer

I'm interested in what the value of getPitch is when this occurs.

5. SlashnHax

SlashnHax The Chosen One

I've had this occur once when testing a bot locally, does turnTo(yaw) determine a pitch if you don't specify one?
    It's only ever happened to me once, but I'm pretty sure I define the pitch most of the time, so it might be that the pitch that gets determined/generated doesn't fit the bound?

6. blisterz

I had this problem locally when moving the camera to a random yaw.

Other camera issues:
    And runemate moves the camera left almost everytime. Even if the item it is focusing on is just a little to the right the bot will move it all the way around (almost 360)

7. Cloud

Cloud The Developer

Nope, it passes the current pitch into the method that accepts both as an argument. That's why I was curious what the current pitches value was, if it was somehow outside of the bounds than the issue would make sense.