1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved [@Cloud] Regular Client Crashes + Computer Freezing

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Gathicxv, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Gathicxv

Hi @Cloud,

I often have the RuneMate client crash on my computer. When that happens, the sounds playing from my computer get really choppy, and the screen and mouse are frozen.

After, a few minutes things go back to normal. I have no idea why this happens.

I've sent you the log by pm.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #4 by Arbiter, Aug 26, 2015
  3. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

Those symptoms typically happen when your CPU is throttled. Can you tell us the exact state in which this issue happens? Is it consistently reproducible? What bot (if any) was running? Does it happen across multiple bots?

4. Gathicxv

My answers/notes in random order:
    1. It always happens at least an hour after using the client.
    2. I don't use the client to bot anymore (I've maxed all skills except 2 which I'll do on dxp), so I use it to play legit.
    3. I can expect it to happen twice a day, I play around 6 hours a day.
    4. I don't know if I just notice it then more often, but it seems to happen more regularly when I am streaming twitch or Youtube in my browser (chrome).
    5. These problems only started after upgrading to Windows 7.1 from Windows 7 and updating all my drivers.
    6. BTW in the batch file arguments I use to run RM, I allocate it 4GBs of Ram, but I've always done it this way even before it started crashing.

5. Arbiter

Arbiter Mod Automation

Do you get a tool-tip notification about your graphics driver crashing? That would explain the bug. Even if you don't, I highly recommend downloading the drivers from the vendor's website (not Windows Update).

6. Gathicxv

No I didn't. I'll uninstall and re-install the driver tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the tip.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 27, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 26, 2015 ---
    I did what you said and I used RM legit for 4 hours, and no crashes :). I'll see what happens over the next couple days.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 28, 2015 ---
    Seems to be working perfectly. Thanks @Arbiter.

Arbiter likes this.