1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved Could I please have some old source code bots?

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by Jay Lyons, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Jay Lyons

Good Morning,

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of some more open source bots that aren't on the bot store anymore? I'm completely new to coding and any code I can look at would greatly be appreciated.

2. Best Answer:
    Post #8 by Cloud, May 26, 2019
  3. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

You can search open source bots on the bot store.

Purple Lines likes this.
  4. lb25

Following up on this I found that any bot I try to download the source for, I only get the manifests. Does this have something to do with account age/supporter status. Or am I doing something incorrectly?

generalsensei likes this.
  5. The_Crumb

My account is newer than yours and it allows me to download the source.

6. generalsensei

I actually get the same issue too where I only get the manifests when attempting to download the source. I'm on a Ubuntu 18.04 Linux x64 if that makes any difference.

I have previous experience coding bots on a different bot platform, i'm trying to look over old source code to familiarize myself to the api.

7. Bob Schmidt

I had the same experience with downloading at least one bot's source code, but I was able to get the source code for a couple others via the same method. The first one I tried, however, just gave me manifests and fxml files.

Have you guys tried downloading a couple others? Specifically, I would suggest to try downloading the Development Toolkit source, as I know it's all there from experience just offhand. I think that the source code that's available is what's been committed to SVN, but I don't think you're required to commit source code to SVN to publish your bot - I believe it just publishes your binaries that you commit (after reflecting through them to do some security checks, and some other unknown processes that take an indeterminate amount of time). Therefore, if this is correct, not necessarily all open source bots will actually have source code to download.

8. guydatpwnz

some of the open sourced bots only have manifests, its just hit or miss

9. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

There was a mistake where for a while the actual source code wasn't being included in what's been uploaded, the authors just need to repush their code for it to be open-sourced properly.