1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cuppa Guardians of the Rift 2.4.1

Guardian of the rift, and the whole galaxy.

1. Delta Squad

A+ bot like always, i just have one questions, I have it set to auto balance points and it still heavily favors Elemental, These are my settings https://puu.sh/J2h0c/bf98c7561c.png What would you recommend running so the points balance out? It's currently at 7-1 right now. Thanks.

2. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

Hey :) So honestly the autobalance feature doesn't really keep the points exact 1 to 1, it mostly just roughly balances over time so that the point difference doesn't become too huge. A less than 10 point difference is expected tbh, it would be really tough to make the bot keep the points any closer than that, especially for the wide variety of builds being used.

There is a feature I added that should also improve the autobalancing the longer the bot is ran, but it takes a while to really show an effect. (Basically what that feature is is that if the bot is consistently slightly higher Cata points, it'll bump the Ele a bit more over time. Or vice versa.

Also the bot does naturally lean in the direction of making slightly more cata since they're better xp and gp overall.

But yeah tl;dr I don't know if I can make it a lot closer balanced tbh, the autobalance kinda works within a threshold just to prevent points from skewing, say, 30+ difference

3. Delta Squad

Gotcha, i may just tweak the settings as i run it. Other than that its flawless.

CuppaJava likes this.
  4. Eduardo Souza

Yoyo Cuppa, the bot is getting stuck whilst mining fragments during the game.

It happened in four games in a row, if I remove the character from the guardian parts the bot will continue working properly. I let it mine to see if it would stop at some point but it didnt, it kept mining until the game finished.

5. CuppaJava

Hey, so a couple of people have actually mentioned this (but it still doesn't seem to be happening for everyone) and I've run the bot for a few hours and I can't seem to reproduce the behavior. That being said I've made some changes (pending release) that might fix it, and also added more logging info that'll tell me what the issue is if it persists after the next update.

You could try clearing your osrs game cache & restarting both (though I have no idea if this could be related), or just wait for the next update and see if it keeps happening.

6. kickpointy

i noticed this happened to me when the random afk handler was triggered while mining the guardian parts to the southwest, maybe thats it?

7. Eduardo Souza

This happened to me once as well, but even with it disabled after restarting the clients it still happened.

8. kickpointy

I think I maybe figured it out? It was happening to me about every other game, tbh was starting to sketch me out a little bit haha.

Since I enabled "At game start, mine until first portals appears" though - I haven't had it happen a single time. This has been about 250k xp without it happening, vs. it was, like I said, every other game prior to this.

Anyone else experience something similar?

9. CuppaJava

Edit: Nevermind, I can't seem to reproduce the issue whether is option is enabled or disabled

I'm not really certain what to do. I want to fix the issue but I can't seem to make it happen for me.

#69 CuppaJava, Jun 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  10. kickpointy

no worries fam :) if I catch it happening again I'll make sure to send you a log

11. CuppaJava

CuppaJava updated Cuppa GuardiansOfTheRift with a new update entry:

Cuppa GuardiansOfTheRift v2.0.19 Released!

Read the rest of this update entry...

#71 CuppaJava, Jun 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
    kickpointy likes this.
  12. CuppaJava

13. Eat

Eat

Don't know if you're still planning on added combination runes, but one way to fix this is to require users to set up bank fillers and remove the air rune placeholder. This will allow the bot to continue using deposit-all, while keeping the needed runes in the inventory.

Regarding issues with the bot getting stuck mining, I noticed the issue when I attempted to use 4 pouches. Furthermore, the bot fails to fill and empty all pouches consistently. (Although it seems to be a problem with client lag.)

14. kickpointy

One possible suggestion to add that (maybe) isn't super complicated!

After you have the full outfit, add the option to bring Varrock Armor swap for mining Fragments / Essence

It significantly increases the fragment rate, much more so than doing the D Pick special attack - which the bot also does - so figured why not suggest this as well.

Bot is super dope though man, absolutely fantastic

CuppaJava likes this.
  15. Eat

Eat

I believe the bot will automatically do this if it's in your inventory.

CuppaJava and kickpointy like this.
  16. kickpointy

Wow my eyes don't work, I read the overview before posting and definitely skipped that line haha. You're right, cheers :)

Cuppa the goat

CuppaJava likes this.
  17. CuppaJava

I do still want to add combo runes, but tbh I'm not looking forward to it because it'll be fairly complicated to get the balancing right and juggling more items. I do think placeholders are the best option, and I'd probably make it a toggle (so players can opt into it, because I think some people might get confused by it). It's also possible to select an item in your inv & click the deposit box (without opening the deposit box interface) which would be only a few ticks longer than using deposit-all anyway, so I'd probably make that the default behavior.

It seems to be independent of pouches, as I've heard of it happening to people sporadically with colossal pouch, 4 pouches, or no pouches (and possibly others). It's definitely a weird bug but it doesn't seem to be happening constantly for anyone (just randomly?).

I've added more debug logging though (and am still adding more) to try to narrow down the circumstances it happens in, so feel free to send me logs from the sessions it happens in (ideally with a rough note on when it happened), and you can send it on discord or pastebin it if it's too big for runemate PMs.

18. CuppaJava

19. CuppaJava

20. CuppaJava