1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Current Client Safety

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Manager, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Sharky80

1 out of 4 of my accounts got banned. Banned account had been doing frosties for 15 hours with 0 breaks (48 hours ban main-type account). Second one is not banned and has been doing frosties for the same amount of time but from my own pc. 3rd and 4th account not banned for doing red chins, both was on russian Vps.

Some info...

2. IamN5

4 accounts banned, 2 on RS3 2 on DarkScape.
    The 2 of RS3 I wasnt botting (stopped 2 days before the ban)
    And the DarkScape ones was completing 8 hours of botting

3. Tomva

2 accounts (1iron 1 coal miner) on Darkscape today:
    Offence: Macroing Major
    Type: Ban
    Offence Date: 23-Dec-2015
    Offence Expiry: Permanent
    Went well for 2 weeks, but everything good ends someday xD
    (Used those 3 accs on same IP, 2 during the day and 1 during the night, yet the one I use at night isn't banned ?__? )

4. kkdevboot

Well that was disappointing. I was going to start development for the bot just now. Yesterday I had logged in using the RuneMate client to try a bot for about ~5 minutes or so to see how well it functioned.

Today after setting up my version control and IDE, I found my account was banned. I'm guessing whatever RuneMate is using to get info from the game client has been compromised.

Well that concludes me trying RuneMate >_> Later

5. addcoolman

I was banned today also Runescape said the evidence of bottling came from today and I didn't even have a chance to bot only a error that made client crash. Runemates reading method must be patched or they can detect 3rd party clients.

6. kneckter

Botted last night around midnight and sent a 3 hour timer to turn my comp off. Woke up and logged into the RS client (instead of RM) and was perma banned on login. This happened while mining in AK. Strangely I had written a review for the bot like an hour before starting.

Pretty much the same info as was posted:

7. fearbigl

rip, got a 2 day ban too.

8. SeeD

I don't know what I was thinking, using a client that is open to Jagex employees.

9. 18dragonking

Looks like RM is getting a bad rep from this im just gonna wait for Spectre and see it can redeem RM if not well gonna have to end the rs botting lol.

Qosmiof2 likes this.
  10. titoncio

Banned only logging on client, no bot use.

kenpachi likes this.
  11. Neurologik

Yup, 2-day ban here too on my main.

12. Insomniac

Your thinking is not very good if you believe that the client is open to Jagex.

13. grux

One of my mules received a ban I have never, ever botted on.

14. terrorbyte

I would avoid using Runemate until Spectre is released, for Runescape 3 only though.

Since I can tell from experience that RM for OSRS/DMM is still undetected. Only bans i've recieved is from player reports or jagex detecting inhuman behavior patterns (long hours of same activity), none from the client detection. I know since my accounts last quite a long time before receiving any ban which is only natural for the amount of time per day I am using them for. (essentially 24/7 lol)

15. grux

Of course your going to get banned if you are botting 24/7 :) I run a 16 hour run time schedule and a 8 hour stop. Sometimes I mix it up!

EDIT: ALSO; My mule was banned on OSRS not RS3! Not sure if OSRS is detectable or not but I got banned none the less on an account Ive never botted on!

16. PhaseCoder

following reddit it seems there has been a ban wave, right across the board not only rune mate.

17. terrorbyte

i like to suicide my bots because they earn about 500-600% their investment within 2-3 weeks period after which they usually get banned, not because of client detection but player reports and repetitive behavior for 247 detection.

i dont mind at all lol/

18. Hakuna Matata

I've never been banned before, but I just received my first ban ever. They're doing something, because I botted for a few days, logged off, next day I got banned when logging into the client.

Not mad at RM at all, I've never once had a problem with this bot, and compared to the other bots out there for RS3, RM is superior. Keep up the good work =).

vipertrek79 and Microsoft like this.
  19. kenpachi

it banned logging in client for DS too

20. blisterz

rumor and speculation. I highly doubt Jagex is manually banning all these 48 hour bans.