1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Error: Failed to bind to the game client because of an AgentInitializationException

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by Erquinity, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Erquinity

I've noticed many people encounter this error in the past but after having tried so many solutions that seemed to work for others, I've given up. Therefor, opening up another thread :cool:

What I'm running:
    Windows 10 Education - 64bit
    An SSD containing my OS and other appropriate applications & a hard drive for storage.

Bots I've attempted to use (they both seem to be high quality scripts bots, so I didn't try many):
    - MaxiWoodcutter LITE
    - Quality Fighter

What I've tried:
    - Running the runescape client manually and binding to the process, it didn't give me any exception, but nothing happened - no client feedback
    - Uninstalling Java
    - Deleting jagexcache files (perhaps I didn't delete them all, didn't go searching through my computer for hidden files)
    - Reinstalling runescape
    - Reinstalling runemate
    - Reinstalling a different version of Java (getting a little desperate at this point)
    - Reinstalling everything on SSD - where I have Windows installed (C drive) - I normally save everything on my 2TB hard drive (A drive)

What I haven't tried (but would probably have no affect on the outcome):
    - Removed OSBuddy from my computer
    - Tried running through a virtual machine
    - Running on linux (I gave it ago but didn't feel like putting too much effort into it, since I'd rather run it on Windows anyway)

I've also encountered a failed to bind, IOException, but I found running RuneMate as admin fixed it.

Any help would be much appreciated, this is the first time I'm trying RuneMate and I'd like to try writing scripts bots of my own.

Attached Files:

#1 Erquinity, Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  2. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

There is no fix for This.

3. Erquinity

How come? I'm guessing this error doesn't occur for everybody? So the cause is unknown?

4. Yuuki Asuna

Ye staff cba to find the cause and fix it.

5. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

Correct.

6. Erquinity

Oh well, thanks for the quick feedback. Shame, I've heard only good things about RuneMate. I'm also a newb when it comes to botting in runescape and I know asking this here may be inappropriate, but should my next go-to be DreamBot?
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 7, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 7, 2017 ---
    I'm looking for safety above all, I don't mind badly written scripts bots, as I intend on writing them myself. Would like to bot skills like prayer and similiar where grinding is a must.

7. awesome123man

awesome123man Go check out new bots and give helpful feedback.

The error has something to do with having multiple hard drives I believe. Make sure you install runemate and Runescape on the same one...

8. Erquinity

Installing everything on my A drive hasn't helped, but I noticed I cannot install runescape on my C drive, so I tried moving the jagexcache to C and making a symbolic link on A.
    Thus both runescape and runemate are on C.
    - Still, same result. AgentInitializationException.

9. awesome123man

Which is java on?

10. Erquinity

I uninstalled it, Runemate installs it on it's own. It installs in into Program Files (x86)/RuneMate/jre

11. awesome123man

And that's in the same drive as runemate right?

12. Erquinity

Indeed, as you can see the jre is downloaded into RuneMate's folder itself.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 7, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 7, 2017 ---
    As I am a little desperate to get this working, I'll try using a VM. Will be trying on Windows 7 64bit as soon as the .iso downloads.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 7, 2017 ---
    Could someone who has RuneMate working tell me about their installation directories? I'll try reinstalling everything one more time ;)

13. awesome123man

Runemate is in Program Files on my C drive. Not sure about the else, yours seemed right.

14. haman123

Drives have nothing to do with this, staff have tried everything to find the cause, this bug is just impossible to reverse engineer.

15. Erquinity

Good to know. But I disagree, everything can be reverse engineered however I know how time consuming it may be. I've tried running RuneMate from another computer on another network, this time on Windows 7 64bit, here it works just fine. Wish it worked on my home PC but oh well. Works great though, I love the interface and some of the scripts bots I've tried are high quality - even the free ones. Cheers ;)

16. Derk

Derk 12 year old normie

You can always try and set up a virtual box on which you install RuneMate and RuneScape.

17. ljubekko

had this error... only way around is that you install virtual box and bot there.