1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Failure To Bind After Installing A VPN

Discussion in 'Client & Site Support' started by 420K, Feb 27, 2019.

1. 420K

420K Ganja Connoisseur

Earlier today I installed a new antivirus as well as a VPN. I've tried disabling the VPN and then closing the window's and running the client again as an administrator. For some reason after launching the official OSRS server the client and server still won't connect. I've disabled the VPN, I've checked my antivirus to make sure that RM wasn't inside of quarantine and I've uninstalled OSRS, so far the only thing I can think of which I haven't tried yet is uninstalling the client and reinstalling it. I'm not sure if there's anything else I should try, (I'm not too computer savvy, (I'm just teaching myself now), and thought I'd see if someone could help me figure out what exactly is going on and how to remedy this before I lose my patience.

Thanks, a frustrated pothead.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 27, 2019, Original Post Date: Feb 27, 2019 ---
    Well, after doing everything in the troubleshooting guide and not having it work I decided to try to disable my antivirus, Avast Premier.
    After disabling it I didn't have the chance to restart the client before my bot logged in.
    There was an instance where the client couldn't locate the Jagex cache but after just deleting the file folders it went right away.

After reading all the various threads about this common problem I really hope this can help.