1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolved Fastest detection of change / Fastest Click

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by LorM, May 28, 2019.

1. LorM

Hi,

I've tested a few ways, but I can't seem to know the real answer, not sure if anybody has it except Cloud, but here goes:

Presuming I know an item will appear at Coordinate C. What's the fastest way to detect the item appearance, and then to click/interact with it to pick it up.

So basically, in two parts: What's the fastest way to detect an item appearing at X location (or it could also be a general query on ID if that's faster). And is there even a way to simply detect change - regardless of what it is - very fast.

Possibly using a listener if it's possible? Or is it faster to detect changes in visibility? Or is there a faster way?

And once the change is detected, how is it possible to pickup/click the item in the fastest possible way.

Here's a little example problem to imagine the situation. Say there's a drop-party and someone dropped 50M on the ground at a specific location. All 10 players know where he dropped it and know it will appear within the next 20 seconds. How do you make sure that you're going to pick up the gold faster than anybody else? (So detect the gold appearance, and then click it first).

If anybody's done extensive testing or knows the back-end of runemate enough to know, it'd be great to have a direction to head towards.

Thanks!

#1 LorM, May 28, 2019
    Last edited: May 28, 2019
  2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Savior, May 28, 2019
  3. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Assuming the players will spamclick the tile, you'll have about the same chance as any other players. All players have 1 tick (600ms) to click on it, and the server will give the item to the player with the lowest PID (player id).
    Same goes for grabbing wines of zamorak for example. Its not about who clicked first, as long as it's registered within the same tick as other players' clicks.

4. LorM

I see. Is there a way to make sure you click it within this 600ms then? As far as I've done, it seems like no matter what you do, it's more or less reliable. Sometime it works very fast and sometime very slow.

In the same way, is there a way to control the PID (relogging for instance, until you get a "below average" one) or will it keep changing all the time?

5. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

You can move your mouse to the spawn position on screen to minimize any movement.

Relogging does change your PID, but afaik jagex also reassigns your PID after a rather short while to give everyone a fair chance.
    Other than that, the player id isnt't exposed in the client so you wouldn't know if your current one is good enough anyway.