OSRS Forgot to turn off my bot, botted 20 straight hours....

Discussion in 'OSRS' started by penguin1991, Sep 19, 2017.

1. penguin1991

How long do you think im banned, and do you think it will be a permanent ban ? lol

This is account is very old though, its been my main since 2007, i forgot to turn off my bot last night and just got home from work and school to find out i jumped 13 wood cutting levels.

So I'm assuming i will get banned just curious as to how long it will take/if its permanent anyone have some input for me?

2. Cryslacks

Im not experienced with getting banned since im using RuneMate but I have heard that if the BOT gets detected everyone will recieve permanent ban. But if they suspect you of botting then you can only recieve the following: 2 days, 2 weeks and perm. (1st time getting 2 days, 2nd time 2weeks and 3rd time perm.)

I accidently left a gold bracelet bot active for 8h and got 2 day ban.

3. Snufalufugus

Not a guaranteed ban, but likely. Take a break for a couple days from the acc after transferring off wealth, and have hope :p

SupremeFrog likes this.
  4. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Unless the bot you ran was shit and full of bugs or hiccups, it's not guaranteed. Try to play legit the next few days, do some quests or whatever you want.

5. penguin1991

Thanks for all the advice, should I transfer over the wealth or, just kinda play it out :p

@Savior, The bot i was running was quantum woodcutting which i think is by far the best woodcutting bot on the site.

6. forbobo

Although, even if it's a good bot woodcutting is a hugely botted skill.

Also i've never gotten a 2week ban - pretty sure that's a myth for bot bans. 2 week bans only for things like bug abusing/rwt. Bot bans are 2day->perm (although sometimes straight to perm).

cas249 likes this.
  7. penguin1991

I'm just hoping that because my account is so old, that maybe it just get a 2 day ban, if thats the case ill never bot on it again lol. I usually bot on other accounts and what not just to see how high i can get it, I'm yet to be banned *knock on wood*. Maybe they cut some slack and just slap me on the wrist, sucks i forgot to turn it off over night :(

8. degrec

Did u end up getting banned?

9. huig

huig go hard

dont bot on accs what u dont wanna lose botting comes with a risk

10. penguin1991

So quick update , its been over 6 days and not I have not been banned yet, hope it stays that way, today was my 2nd time logging in since that happened though.

11. Snufalufugus

You're good bud. Be more careful in the future, and slowly ease back into the botting if you choose to continue.

12. penguin1991

Thanks for the input, I don't think ill be botting on that account again, I have a couple others I will probably choose to bot on, but gonna take a break from it, still cant believe i forgot to turn it off. Haha

Snufalufugus likes this.
  13. puppygirl

puppygirl uwu :3

duration won't have any effect on if you get banned or not. i have multiple 72+hr proggies on one account still not banned yet :p gl with other accts tho

14. DragonSlayer714

I was botting cursed energy for a while and eventually my main got perm banned.... sent in an appeal and they unbanned it. Ive had the account almost 15 years.... so they saw it as an account hack and unbanned it. I was super lucky. Never know if youll get banned, how long for, or if the appeal will work. Just hope for the best!

15. rsotterbotter

I ran your wintertodt bot for 36 hours straight, 8 hour break, 36 hours, 8 hour break, 16 hours, 8 hour break. repeat. no ban.