1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Banned May Not Be From Scripts

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by opticness, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Cloud

Cloud Engineer

Although that's not necessarily true, I'd expect we'd see a message saying you were banned for using RuneMate, similar to what they do in regards to RSBot.

2. opticness

Well, chances are it's not. I logged into another account on the regular client and the same thing happened, so now I'm down 3 bots. Very curious as to why they wait until I go to log in again, let me in, then ban me.

3. Philosobyte

I only have one account. I've never botted more than 2 hours a day except for when developing scripts bots and an iDungeon binge when it was apparent kiko was about to abandon his script bot. Barely spend any time doing quests. Been botting since 2008. Never been banned except a temporary at the first auto-detection of Powerbot about a year ago, when I had a break from botting and was just playing in the client.
    I think my method is the closest you can get to botting in a safe manner.

4. GOD

GOD

the banned always hits you after you login no matter what you log in on i have had many of gold farms i have made over 20b rs3 and 800m 07 and thats how it always works it is not the Clint i can tell you that now

5. Quantum

They probably tracked your IP and saw that those accounts were logged from the same IP address. The client itself is not detectable by Jagex.

6. opticness

After thinking about it more I don't believe it's the client either. I logged into the other account from the Runescape client and got the same thing, so obviously it was just botting that caught me. For some reason they wait until you log in to ban you, I'm not sure why.

7. Bubble

Was it RS3 or OSRS?

8. opticness

It was on RS3. Haven't played on OSRS for a while.

9. uupiits

Delayed ban, they do those so you couldnt tell what was cause of ban.

EvilCabbage likes this.
  10. Xavier

lol