1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting charged.

Discussion in 'General' started by Black shades, Aug 28, 2023.

1. Black shades

How does it work getting charged? Because many, many times im trying out a new script bot and wont even run it for 10-20mins because it will bug out somehow and it will charge me for an hour. This just happend with a more expensive script bot that wasnt even turned on for 5mins. Yet i was charged an hour and the script bot didnt work. Sat in my POH for 6mins until i turned it off. It's getting really irritating.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 28, 2023, Original Post Date: Aug 28, 2023 ---
    it will also do then when im just fucking with setting and no bot is running.

2. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

Tutorial - Wallet and Premium Bots FAQ

Why am I charged every time I start an instance?
    Upon starting the bot you will be charged for the first hour of use. If you only run the bot for 30 minutes, you will still have been charged for the full hour. If you stop the bot manually and restart it, you will be charged again. If the bot breaks, doesn't work or you are overcharged and you feel as though you deserve a refund, post in the relevant forum thread for the bot you are using, providing supporting evidence (eg: how the bug occurred and log files) and it is at the author's discretion whether they refund you.

3. Black shades

It happens all the time. I can be just messing with the bot and it not even be running and it charges me. Should atleast be an option for setting swith the bot and not getting charged. A lot of the time im looking through options to see what the best method for me would be. Then something bugs out somewhere and I get charged for it not doing anything

4. Bing Bong

Bing Bong Bot Author

You get charged because you're connected to the Runemate services as soon as you hit "Play" on the bot basically, once that UI has loaded, you're essentially using their services. We are in discussion of something that is more 'reasonable' perse but nothing has been finalized but at the moment, it's just how it is.

A solution for you at the moment would be to use [TRIAL] versions before using any premium ones to check see if the bot works, see if it functions to the way you'd like it etc.

Black shades likes this.
  5. Black shades

Well iv'e been charged for dozens of hours i haven't done anything. Pretty stupid, most scripts bots bug out constantly and it's almost like every time i hit that play button i get charged for it

6. Coleslawz97

I agree, on multiple occasions I've even had issues with RuneLite as a launcher and just switching the client charges me for a full hour.

7. Bing Bong

Bing Bong Bot Author

That's because when you hit play, you do get charged for it. Like I stated above, as soon as you hit play, you're connected to RuneMate services which will charge you. Sadly, there isn't any way of changing that. However, if there is a bug, why don't you contact the bot authors and ask to see if they can refund 70% of the bot price?

8. Black shades

This is a massive problem. Most of the scipts bug out in some way or another and I'm still getting charged for hours not used. You have to manually stop and bot and change something just to get it to work. This is getting out of hand.

9. American Express

American Express RuneMate Staff

"Most of" is not a fair assessment. If I had to quantify things, I would estimate 95% of the premium bots I have run in the last couple of months have worked flawlessly.

As posted above, if you've been charged repeatedly by mistake, contact the Bot Author to request a refund.

10. Black shades

It's not even a shot of any developers. But that's my point. I would be doing it on so many scripts bots its not even worth it tbh. Every time you click that tun button you get charged. With a farm this isn't even close to ideal.