1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion Give Authors Bot Hrs Proportionally to Bot Usage

Discussion in 'Client & Site Suggestions' started by Snufalufugus, May 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snufalufugus

Why a change would be beneficial
    • Discourage people from developing one garbage bot just for the free hours (happens often now)
    • Would encourage development of free bots to attract new RM users
    • Would provide an incentive to not make everything premium
    • Would reward bot authors who aren't up to the maintenance/commitment of a premium bot but still develop

Why a change would be bad
    • Could demotivate new devs
    • Could impact RM profits

Please discuss.

2. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

If a bot works is it considered shit?

forbobo likes this.
  3. Guru

Honestly I'm not actually convinced this is good.

@Cloud deserves a lot of money for what he does here, and we already get some nice benefits.

Not to mention on top of that we have people like @Party who also deserves money for his work here. The last thing we need is more things removing profits from RuneMate that could support the REAL developers here.

Drew likes this.
  4. Snufalufugus

The bot doesn't even have to function to get the hours.

I agree. But it's hard to say how much this would impact hours without seeing some stats, such as how many bot authors there are, the deviation of bot usage among authors, etc. It could work out in the benefit of RM if you need more than something like 1000hrs of usage a month before you get any extra hours.

5. Guru

1000 hours of usage like thats easy, I'm sitting here at a pesant 200 lol.

I don't know, I just am in favour of supporting the guys that have to deal with the real grind here. There is enough incentive to be a developer I feel. The real heroes deserve more money and we shouldn't even in rare cases give away shit like that. Just my opinion honestly, I am very bias towards the executive team but I do genuinely believe they deserve every penny they get plus more.

We should be looking at ideas on how a process can be improved which can allow developers more capabilities to not only fund themselves but help fund RuneMate.

6. Aria

You only get 200 extra hours for being a bot author, people uploading nonfunctional bots is hardly an abuse case.

7. JustCurious

Bot author's get more hours? Did not know.

I would be against this change simply because it may dissuade people from making niche bots. The Abyss runecrafting bots will make bank in terms of hours, but there's little to no incentive to put out wonderful things like the livid farm bot, which will have a very small and infrequent user base.

forbobo likes this.
  8. Led

Led

I think the system we have set up is fine.

9. forbobo

That's a good point^

On the flip side, you do want bot authors to both make things that people will use in bulk, as well as niche things that people will use only when they need. Both of these aspects are necessary for a good botting service.

Generally i think giving workers (bot authors in this case) incentive to improve will always be a good thing, but sometimes the "forgotten men" who are affected also must be considered. I do like this idea overall tho, but i'd hope there would be something to help out those bot authors of niche bots that was noted above as well as not detract from behind the scenes profits.

10. Gengsta

Gengsta Community Manager

I feel targeted

Swych likes this.
  11. Wet Rag

Wet Rag easily triggered ✌

This bot has some serious issues with superheating, out of four configurations on rs3 that I tried I could only get one of them to work at all, the rest of the time it was acting spastic. Please get this bot up to premium standards again within several days or I'll be forced to remove it from the store. Thanks for your cooperation.

Gengsta likes this.
  12. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

Sensors are beeping

Gengsta likes this.
  13. Snufalufugus

@kazemanie pls delete this thread I no longer feel this is a good approach to the issue and clearly many others agree

14. Aria

Or my slayer bot - I don't think it ever passed 1k hrs/month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.