1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Ground Item nullpointer

Discussion in 'Developer Support' started by Ancillary, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Ancillary

using the following code and getting the following error, this is on a rooftop course btw:

Code (Text):
    1. GroundItem mark = GroundItems.newQuery().names("Mark of grace").results().nearest();

Code (Text):
    1. java.lang.NullPointerException
    2.     at nul.iIIiIIiiIiIiI.IiiIIiiiiIiIi(zmc:179)
    3.     at com.runemate.game.api.hybrid.region.Region.getCurrentPlane(hha:15)
    4.     at nul.IiiiiIiiIiiiI.IiiIIiiiiIiIi(ohc:145)
    5.     at com.runemate.game.api.hybrid.region.GroundItems.getLoaded(wvc:132)
    6.     at com.runemate.game.api.hybrid.region.GroundItems.getLoaded(wvc:145)
    7.     at com.runemate.game.api.hybrid.queries.GroundItemQueryBuilder.IiiIIiiiiIiIi(iyc:21)
    8.     at com.runemate.game.api.hybrid.queries.QueryBuilder.IiiIIiiiiIiIi(pjc:221)
    9.     at com.runemate.game.api.hybrid.queries.QueryBuilder.results(pjc:162)
    10.     at com.ancillary.bots.anagility.nodes.NavigateObstacleNode.takeGraceMark(NavigateObstacleNode.java:89)
    11.     at com.ancillary.bots.anagility.nodes.NavigateObstacleNode.execute(NavigateObstacleNode.java:42)
    12.     at com.ancillary.bots.anagility.AnAgility.onLoop(AnAgility.java:34)
    13.     at com.runemate.game.api.script.framework.LoopingBot.run(lgc:165)
    14.     at com.runemate.game.api.script.framework.AbstractBot.start(nhc:505)
    15.     at nul.IiiIiIiiiiiiI.run(vvc:159)
    literally the next line i am checking if mark != null, but the NPE is on the line where i am running the query.

2. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

Code (Text):
    1. GroundItems.newQuery().names("Mark of grace").results()
    Can rarely return null. You need to nullcheck the query results before calling nearest() to avoid this.

3. Savior

Savior Java Warlord

wrong

its just a client issue, nothing you can do about it

CuppaJava likes this.
  4. CuppaJava

CuppaJava cuppa.drink(java);

Fair enough, that's just what I was told a long time ago. I do still get these in my exception logs sometimes so I assume you're right.